Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,289   Online: 922

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    one of my first bromoil prints was accepted into the Erie Art Museum Spring Show, and it sold for $265! so I guess I won't be bringing it to John's party. All the other good ones are in other shows too. so, I guess it's back to the darkroom to make more prints. I can't believe someone actually bought it!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Out of the Depths.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	49680 (the bromoil that sold)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    one of my first bromoil prints was accepted into the Erie Art Museum Spring Show, and it sold for $265! so I guess I won't be bringing it to John's party. All the other good ones are in other shows too. so, I guess it's back to the darkroom to make more prints. I can't believe someone actually bought it!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Out of the Depths.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	49680 (the bromoil that sold)
    I like it. It made me think about how old toys bring out the kid in many people when they go into antique shops, and how that might be a wonderful suite of images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    I like it. It made me think about how old toys bring out the kid in many people when they go into antique shops, and how that might be a wonderful suite of images.
    speaking of which, there's an antique show at Waldameer in Erie on Saturday (tomorrow).

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Many congratulations Dorothy for the Erie Art Museum show, the other shows and the sale. I am really happy things are going so well for you. You may have been the last to hear that you do really great and creative work. I am looking forward to see what you do bring to our event. Get to work.

I agree with Lee on the subject. One of my fellow students has done a series this spring on the contents and method of display of three antique stores she has been visiting. It is very interesting in what she has found and how she has composed her images. I think you have her beat by a mile Dorothy, but it is certainly another interesting view.

Speaking of shows, I realize I didn’t mention how I liked Mat’s “Dapper” show last weekend. What a display, 30 matted images. What a turn out. Lee L, Jeff and I were there with spouses and significants. The place was packed with happy, interested, excited people. Great work.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dorothy, congratulations on the show! Your bromoil prints are looking fabulous, I can't wait to see some more of your work in May. Any chances there will be a demonstration and/or some prints for sale/trade? A close family member of mine is a HUGE Kewpie doll fan and this is right up her alley.

John, thanks for the kind words on the show. It's been a great success thus far with 15 of 30 prints that I don't have to take home.
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My wife has announced her desire to join me on this trip and find out what all the excitement is about. And to stop at the Fiesta Ware outlet store on the way home (no, it isn't on the way, even vaguely!) This will be ... interesting.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    My wife has announced her desire to join me on this trip and find out what all the excitement is about. And to stop at the Fiesta Ware outlet store on the way home (no, it isn't on the way, even vaguely!) This will be ... interesting.

Mike
    Mike,

Sandy is very welcome. Having watched your behavior before, we most welcome a chaperone. However she was your emergency contact. Please email or PM a contact that will tell me what to do when you both misbehave.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have invited a member of my U Akron photo class, Sheryl Grubb, who is doing some very interesting abstract work at the zoo. She and I will have twenty window matted prints for our final critique May 2nd. I’ve asked her to show her work to the gathering.

She politely asked how many people are coming to the event? I laughed and read the line from the first post or invitation. “We are trying to have a loose organizational shell under which all cats may be comfortably herded. The plan will evolve until the majority is happy and the protesters fall asleep.”

At this point, April 23, we have 21 people who think they will be coming and quite a few more who would like to come, but aren’t sure about this or that. The more the merrier. Bring your best work, your best stories, your best mood and let’s enjoy. We have lots of camping space and there are many motels near by. If you have any questions, please ask either in the thread or PM.

Welcome,

John, Dolly and the Girls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    LEE L : I bought a Horseman 4x5 back to get the ground glass assembly. The rest of the contraption that I got does not fit on my camera. That would be the frame that the GG back assembly fits on. Perhaps the frame is from a 4x5 monorail Horseman. Perhaps you would want it in exchange for a drink or ice-cream sunday? I'll bring it along.

JEFF BANNOW: I will fire up the Ilford head just to ensure it still functions fine and you can expect to be re-united with it soon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    JEFF BANNOW: I will fire up the Ilford head just to ensure it still functions fine and you can expect to be re-united with it soon.
    Great news. Thanks!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin