Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,952   Posts: 1,586,000   Online: 826

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Those are probably mine ...
    I'll tell her, but she has seen you wolf down too many calories to fit in these.

JP
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    BTW, there was some talk last weekend that Titan Photo in Detroit had closed. Good news - they are open and operating as usual!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mmmmmmm......pie! Went to the Racine county fair yesterday for the annual pie contest. After the contest, there is a pie auction which benefits the FFA. The high bid for a pie yesterday was $650.00, we have seen a strawberry pie sell for $2000.00 in the past!. Mmmmmmm....pie!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the pantyhose eating Labrador should be called to answer for the underwear.

Jeff's are yellow and have a black smiley face on them. I've seen the photos.

As for you covering the tarps instead of the other way 'round, John:

"You're holding it wrong." -- Steve Jobs

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Lost and found:

One green plastic tarp where the tents were
    One transparent plastic tarp where the tents were
    One pair female panties in the manure wagon

Dolly would like and explanation. I think I have the tarps covered.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Man what a weekend! BIG thanks, as always, to John and Dolly for being such gracious hosts. Thanks also to Dale for putting on a very comprehensive lith demo. This may have been the push I needed to give it go with some enlarging paper I have lying around.

Great seeing new faces and old alike, this was easily my busiest meetup as far as shooting was concerned. 16 sheets in < 3 days, with lots of goodies to show for it. ^__^ Hopefully by the next meetup, I'll have a fully matted, mounted portfolio of carbons for print viewing.
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a lot of fun doing the lith demonstration. It really worked out great with the RC paper in that we did not have to wait ten minutes in the little dark tent. Big thanks to John for letting me do the demo and thanks to Charlie for the portable darkroom. I did not have much time to catch up with everyone but hope to see everyone at the next gathering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Missed you all. Sounds like a wonderful time had by all. Hope to see everyone next time.
    (That other) Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John and Dolly - thanks for bringing so many friends together.

On the way home last Sunday I stopped at Half Price Books in Rocky River, and was able to pick up Horenstein's "Basic ..." and "Beyond ..." books - they should come in handy for our new photographer here.

Hope to see everyone soon!

Jeff

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jeff. Great. They are very helpful books and a wonderful place to start and learn.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you all. This was an especially good event. It was exciting to see so many processes from old and new friends. Charlie set up his wet plate camera and gear at the Ohiofarmmuseum.com. He and Daniel made great pictures there and beautiful pictures of Silke in our back yard. A plate was given to Jim Fry to help gain our future visits. Dale did a wonderful Lith printing demonstration explaining to each person the multiple variations possible and kindly keeping the stinky chemicals outside in Charlie’s weplate darkroom, avoiding damaging our well. Robert B., Silke and Beth brought samples of their Lith work, further expanding our knowledge and understanding, or at least showing us the start of all the paths that can be taken. Beth showed us the results of her Mordencage work after taking Elizabeth Opalenik's workshop at the f295 symposium a few weeks ago. See Beth’s gallery at http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=4444
    Peter brought samples of some of the trips he and I have been taking to the Cleveland Flats. Adam showed us his first work in 4x5 transparences. It is really exciting to see a person new to a format achieve happy results and gaining confidence. Sunday Shawn and Lynn made up for his long absence with a great show of matted Azo contact prints ranging from small 6x7CM to 8x10. Beautiful and creative work. We had a ball.

It was also fun to meet at the Ledges at about 7AM. I was surprised to see so many, so early. Shawn and Lynn walked over from Happy Days parking and were surprised to see me lounging on the wooden double chair with the Girls in front of the stone steps at the NE corner. Lee L and Mat came in from the south. As we approached Ice Box Cave Jeff, Eva, Daniel and Silke appeared. It was down right crowded for 7 AM on a Sunday morning.

We met the sleep-ins at breakfast. Everyone seemed happy. I think that was the plan. I hope we can do it again, probably late September. If anyone wants to come back sooner they are certainly welcome. The Detroit gang mentioned possibly coming back soon to shoot at the farm. If you want to plan something in August let me know. Maybe others would like to join us. Anyone coming from out of town is welcome to camp here. There will be no porta potty, but when we are awake the house will be open. There is a small park just west of us with facilities open after we are asleep. You can also share the woods with the coyote and poison ivy. Dolly’s brother saw a very healthy looking coyote in the tent field Monday. Look out Girls. I don’t want you to be lunch.

John P.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin