Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,598   Online: 755

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Long Range Weather Report

Friday, High 84, Low 68, 40% chance rain, cloudy

Saturday, High 80, Low 66, 10% chance rain, mostly sunny

Sunday, High 83, Low 66, 0% chance of rain, sunny
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    Point taken. =) We'll save our Buttermilk adventure for a solo trip.

Sunday Morning (whether we make it Saturday night or drive in early Sunday) we are planning on doing morning shooting at the Ledges. We will be in the Happy Days Lodge parking lot (on 303) at about 6:15am. We're going to access the ledges from here because in my experience the rangers do not always have the normal Ledges Parking lot on Truxel/Kendall Park Rd open that early. If anyone wants to go let me know. We'll be finishing up in time to meet the crew for breakfast at the Richfield Family Restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Either way we are planning on being at the Blue Hen Parking lot around 6:15am Sunday morning to hike down to Buttermilk Falls (I've been on a waterfall kick lately). If anyone wants to join us that would be cool! PM me to trade cell phone numbers if we haven't already. If you're not familiar with Buttermilk Falls (not on the park map) it's downstream a ways from Blue Hen Falls and takes a bit of a hike to get to, not super tricky but not the easiest either.... Ask one of the locals about it. If you ask really nicely maybe Mr. Powers will let you borrow his "Yellow Escalator".

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Shawn,

Glad to hear you two are coming. Looking forward to meeting Lynn.

I haven’t been to Buttermilk Falls in a about a year. At that time there was a “trail closed” sign just past Blue Hen Falls on the trail to Butter Milk Falls. There is a point on that roughly mile long trail near Buttermilk Falls where you walk on a six inch wide cut in a hillside directly over the river. That cut had worn very thin, thinner than 6”, and may be the reason the Park Service closed the trail. Dolly and I do not want to take any responsibility for gathering attendees walking around a “closed trail” sign erected by the park service. The Yellow Escalator will not be running that tow service.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are so hard to get.

J
    sorry...

in any event... he got two paintings accepted into the Associated Artists of Pittsburgh Show at the Silver Eye Gallery in Pittsburgh the weekend of our gathering. So it looks like I won't be able to make it. The good news is, I picked up an 8x10 Kodak 2d with a lens and *one* film holder for $500! Not sure if that's a good price or not, but I'll pick it up tomorrow. wish I could join you this weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    The good news is, I picked up an 8x10 Kodak 2d with a lens and *one* film holder for $500! Not sure if that's a good price or not, but I'll pick it up tomorrow. wish I could join you this weekend.
    We can only tell you in person if that is a good deal or not

Seriously though, I can imagine you doing some fantastic work with 8x10.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    We will miss you Dorothy. Good luck with 8x10. I really think it is "YOU,"
    until you find the 14x17 which Kerry Thalmann is selling over on the LF Forum.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Well here we are two days before the event. Dolly asked me how many people are camping. I laughed. I said I don’t even know who is coming. Okay. There are a bunch of you who said you were coming a long time ago. I guess it is time to speak up? Who is coming and when? Who is camping?

Here is what I think I know.
    Charlie, Daniel and Silke Friday afternoon. Camping or motel?
    Jeff & Eva Friday evening. Camping?
    Dale doing the demo Saturday
    Shawn & Lynn Sunday early
    Both Jeff Ss are coming, but when?
    Peter Fri. or Sat.
    Mike & Sandy S?
    Adam?
    Robert B?
    Mat, camping?
    Lee L when?
    Lee G?
    Bethe?
    Penny?
    Nicholas L?
    John B?

All film shooters are welcome. If I missed someone, speak up.
    Let me know either by PM or post to the thread.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I plan on being there all three days. Saw the other Jeff today, and he said he would let me know later in the week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    We MIGHT come Saturday evening and camp but I won't know until Saturday. It's dependent on when we get out of work... Sunday morning for sure.
    Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey All!

I'll be coming in Friday night, camping through Sunday, and shooting all three days! See everyone soon. ^__^
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We will miss you Dorothy. Good luck with 8x10. I really think it is "YOU,"
    until you find the 14x17 which Kerry Thalmann is selling over on the LF Forum.

John
    thanks John, I will miss you all too. I'll have to save up for some film & holders I guess.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin