Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,649   Posts: 1,481,293   Online: 814

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    My friend Bill that you met a little over a year ago has mentioned he may be able to participate.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Eva, myself, Dan & Silke will be coming in Friday night and camping. We'll be heading home Sunday.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    thanks John, I will miss you all too. I'll have to save up for some film & holders I guess.
    Dorothy,

Yes, I think a person as creative as you will want a few film holders. They aren’t too costly though. Given a choice I would go for the ones with the metal dark slides if you can find them. They are a little heavier, but I have had a few plastic ones crack. Cracks and breaks aren’t good at keeping things dark.

What sort of lens, mm and brand, does the kit have? At one time Peter had a bunch of barrel lenses (no shutter) from print shop equipment. He got them very cheap. Maybe he can help you expand your collection.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    We got a handle on our work situation and unfortunately will not be coming until Sunday Morning.

As stated before we will be arriving Sunday Morning at about 6:15 am in the Happy Days Lodge parking lot for morning shooting at the Ledges. Pm me for my cell phone if you want to meet us, we have one possible taker so far. We will leave in time to meet the rest of the crew for breakfast at the Ritchfield Family Restaurant.

Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just read that Ice Box caved is closed because of virus affecting the bat population! That's too, bad. We have lots of them where I live and they are fascinating to watch as they dive and hunt insects over the pond scum in the early evenings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John and I got the enlarger set up for the demonstration today. I also set out some example prints showing the effects of altering exposure time and selenium toning. Looking forward to seeing all that can make it.

Again, thanks John for making this possible.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    John and I got the enlarger set up for the demonstration today. I also set out some example prints showing the effects of altering exposure time and selenium toning. Looking forward to seeing all that can make it.

Again, thanks John for making this possible.
    Thank you Dale. You have put a lot of work into this. It should be a great demo.

John P.
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It has really been raining here this Thursday afternoon. The grass is brown and the ground hard, so it will probably run off. Still, if I were camping out this weekend I would bring a ground cloth and some OFF for the bugs.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dolly, John and Others.
    Unfortunately due to the needs of my mother and father in a nursing home my wife Sue and I will not be able to attend this weekend.

I was very much looking forward to the demos, outings and especially the fellowship. I have come to really enjoy and look forward to these gatherings and I offer up three cheers to Dolly and John for herding us cats and supporting our growth in the arts.

Look forward to the next one to join in. Best of all to everyone.
    Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I am so sorry that is happening for you. We wish you and them well. I am sure that is echoed for all the unherded cats. We are painfully aware of the situation. As I write Dolly is picking up her 91 year mother to take her for a brain MRI scan this afternoon. I have been told not to even think of a negative negative if I wish to live.

Thank you for your kind words on the camaraderie and fellowship. That is why we started these events some 5-6 years ago. We will save you some on a pie plate in the refrigerator for the next gathering.

John, Dolly, the cats and the dogs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin