Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,825   Online: 1081

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314151617 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll meet at the flats Saturday morning. Someone heading to the flats, please call or txt to say when and where: four four zero two nine two seven zero nine four.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got to the hotel. Crashing. See you all at Dolly & Johns at 0900.
    Lee and Sue too.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's hoping that you all are having a good time. My wife told me last night at 9:00 PM that "I ought to go anyway," (even though my car has become unreliable. I wonder what I did to irritate her? Well, what else did I do?) I explained that it is a five hour drive and that I'd get there at 2:00 AM, assuming that I got there at all, and would be up four or five hours later to catch early light and didn't that seem like a lot for what one would hope to be a relaxing weekend? She stared at me, then repeated that she thought I ought to go anyway.

I've got to figure out why she wants me dead all of a sudden. I wonder whether she took out more insurance on me?

Anyway, I went to a local industrial park which just started when the economy crashed. They'd put in the streets, street lights and fire hydrants then the whole thing died. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and I had a great time and think I may have gotten at least a couple of good photos. I hope that all of you had at least as good of a day!

Mike

ps: the car ran fine all day.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    Here's hoping that you all are having a good time. My wife told me last night at 9:00 PM that "I ought to go anyway," (even though my car has become unreliable. I wonder what I did to irritate her? Well, what else did I do?) I explained that it is a five hour drive and that I'd get there at 2:00 AM, assuming that I got there at all, and would be up four or five hours later to catch early light and didn't that seem like a lot for what one would hope to be a relaxing weekend? She stared at me, then repeated that she thought I ought to go anyway.

I've got to figure out why she wants me dead all of a sudden. I wonder whether she took out more insurance on me?

Anyway, I went to a local industrial park which just started when the economy crashed. They'd put in the streets, street lights and fire hydrants then the whole thing died. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and I had a great time and think I may have gotten at least a couple of good photos. I hope that all of you had at least as good of a day!

Mike

the car ran fine all day.
    We will see you at breakfast Mike,
    9 AM Richfield Family Restaurant.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a great time being able to shoot! I also realized I need to order more developer before I can see anything I shot yesterday. But I promise to get the good ones online as soon as I can. I loved the farm museum and would love to go back there (probably several times).

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You don't know the temptation, John...

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I had a great time being able to shoot! I also realized I need to order more developer before I can see anything I shot yesterday. But I promise to get the good ones online as soon as I can. I loved the farm museum and would love to go back there (probably several times).
    Come on over. I have Monday and Wednesday mornings, but would be happy to have your company any other time we can predict sun.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    You don't know the temptation, John...

Mike
    Yes I do. That is why I wrote what I did.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    What a turn around. As of Wednesday evening we knew of two people coming for sure. Thirteen ended up coming. Thank you. We had a bunch of fun.

Saturday, Peter, Jeff S, Dale, Chris and I shot down in the Flats. At the end of the day Peter said I looked really tired. I counted film holders and realized I had shot 16 sheets of 7x17. That be a lot for a 72 year old. Jeff S, Dorothy, Beth, Lee G and Sue G spent the day at the Farm also having a great time.

At a discussion of what we might do to make the event more attractive to new people it was suggested that we post scans of the images we made. I would be most appreciative if you who scan, would upload them here or link to some outside page. I don’t do that so I am going to have to ask that others show there stuff, please.

It was suggested that we have a winter event and shoot at night out in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park over the snow and ice. The trail where we hike regularly, six miles from here, is called Horse Shoe Pond, has a several acre pond 100 feet from the parking lot. It might be a good spot. Then of course there is our 1/3 acre pond right outside the door. Sounds cold to me, but when we have a blanket of snow I will post and see who actually shows up.

Any more good ideas for events?

Thanks for coming all 13 of you who made it, and thanks for trying the several who had to cancel at the last minute.

John & Dolly

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Jeff B for checking out the wiring on my plate burner. It seems to need a part. I will write Amergraph and see if they still have one. The light works well. It just needs a part to hold one of the two hoses at the vacuum motor. I can use the light and my print frame if I can’t locate the part.

Jeff suggested that once I get into VanDyke production I could do a demo of that to and to our series of Alt Processes demos.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin