Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,268   Online: 813

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dare I ask what a drying shower is? Glad you got some good images.

Let Beth’s promise of pictures from the farm museum segue into an article about the farm in today’s (11/29/2012) Akron Beacon Journal. http://www.ohio.com/lifestyle/stone-...-time-1.353669

This is a nice remembrance for those of us who have enjoyed shooting at the farm. It is a teaser and invitation to come to the next gathering for those who have not yet enjoyed the farm.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Dare I ask what a drying shower is? Glad you got some good images.

Let Beth’s promise of pictures from the farm museum segue into an article about the farm in today’s (11/29/2012) Akron Beacon Journal. http://www.ohio.com/lifestyle/stone-...-time-1.353669

This is a nice remembrance for those of us who have enjoyed shooting at the farm. It is a teaser and invitation to come to the next gathering for those who have not yet enjoyed the farm.

John
    The drying shower is the stall shower with a door in our downstairs bathroom that is never used as a shower. Which makes it perfect for hanging film to dry out of the reach of the fuzzy tails and laundry dust. The bathroom has been filled with the contents of hubby's storage room (called the "ops" room) for weeks while we awaited the arrival and installation of a large storage device to contain certain numerous items. FINALLY, the contents were moved back last week and I have the drying space back.

Nice article! I'll have to forward that to a few people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a neg scan for now. I'm hoping to use the darkroom next Wed or Thurs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imgc765-1sm.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I love that place. Everyone sees different things in different ways. Peter and I worked there two years and I never saw that.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    I love that place. Everyone sees different things in different ways. Peter and I worked there two years and I never saw that.

John
    The light has to be just the right angle to come in through the cracks, I think. 10 minutes later, it didn't look like that. I happened to look up at just the right time. I really can't wait to print what I got there. Thanks so much for finding it and sharing it with us, John!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I was just looking for a Christmas tree two years ago. Dolly was sick in bed and I was only a little better. I didn't want to go far from the Kleenex. After I found out how fantastic the place is, I wanted to enjoy it and share it with my friends. It is not a zero sum game. Everyone can have it all and it is still there for the next person who can see.

After I had been shooting there a few months a Digi shooter who had been shooting there for two years said, “Don’t tell anyone else about this place.”

Now you all have to come to the next gathering and see what Peter and I have found in the Flats.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hope every one has a super holiday!

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Merry Christmas to everyone!

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    Hope every one has a super holiday!
    Indeed, Merry Christmas everyone!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dolly and I went over to Fry’s Thursday night to buy our Christmas tree. Jim has built a huge new/old building in the center of the common that will be the new general store. He must have plans for lots of goodies because it is larger than most of the buildings and two stories high. He has plans for a stand alone doctor’s office and several other buildings that I have forgotten. Best make New Year’s resolutions to come often and shoot lots. You are always welcome.

Peter and I met in the Flats before the storm came through. I had found a bridge on a bend that gives wonderful access to shots of the freighters, some with tugs, coming and going up and down river. They slow so much at the corners that I am hoping slow shutter speeds will work. Into the Jobo soon.

Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas from John, Dolly and the Girls.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin