Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,087   Online: 944

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm going to try to make it. I just spent $350 on Efke IR Aura 120 after learning of the demise of Efke tonight. Really down. Hope you can cheer me up. I can bring my new 8x10!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Happy to hear you will try to come. Bring the 8x10. Leave the downs.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just shot my first 6 sheets of the 8x10 Ilford FP4. Now I just have to figure out how to develop & print... by the end of Sept!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    I just shot my first 6 sheets of the 8x10 Ilford FP4. Now I just have to figure out how to develop & print... by the end of Sept!
    Looking forward to seeing them. You will make beautiful pictures with that camera.

When you say figure out how to develop & print, is there a reason to do it differently than you develop and print other formats? You will do it beautifully. If not you will do it again, then beautifully.

Dick Phillips, the builder of my cameras, told me that as the cameras got bigger you needed to add a bit of exposure beyond what the meter says to make up for all that light that got sucked up in the bellows. It has proved to be good advice.

See you in a few weeks.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks I made a spreadsheet to calculate reciprocity and bellows ext factor. It came out to 20 secs instead of 1. 15" bellows draw and 1 second exp. 8 1/2" lens. Sound even remotely correct?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks I made a spreadsheet to calculate reciprocity and bellows ext factor. It came out to 20 secs instead of 1. 15" bellows draw and 1 second exp. 8 1/2" lens. Sound even remotely correct?
    Sounds about right, you've got nearly two stops of light loss due to bellows factor, bringing the exposure to 4 sec. then add in reciprocity. I'd say you've got all the information on the negative that you need.
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I know film is expensive, but an experiment you might want to try while you are starting out is to bracket two stops longer, then compare the negatives. I have been starting out for about eight years now and I really like the choices that produces.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    is there an app for this? I have an android.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow! they do! Kingsoft Office excel for android!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This one gets good reviews. Haven't tried it myself. Bellows factor is just one small part of it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ototools&hl=en

ad supported free version and $2 for the ad free version.

Will likely check it out myself.

There are a number of spreadsheets around, and LibreOffice is in the works.

Also check out The Photographers Ephemeris.

Lee

is there an app for this? I have an android.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin