Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,140   Online: 978

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I don't want to jinx it by saying something, but I keep getting told that I'm free to go over there - WITHOUT NATE! Hubby is home and fine with some father/son bonding without mom around (there's a car-related auction nearby, too). Don't have a clue how Nate will take it, but I'd say it's hubby's turn. MWA HA HA HA.
    I'll likely still just do a day trip on Saturday, but hopefully a long one. I'm looking forward to seeing the farm museum.
    Bethe,

Hope you make it. We really enjoyed your visit with show and tell last trip, short as it was. If you can escape longer you are more than welcome. Why you could even stay through Monday and see Dolly's class of 21 First Graders.

If you arrive and we are not at the house the museum is only 1.4 miles away.

Continue west on Everett Rd.
    Turn right at the first road (Southern).
    Cross over Rt. I-271
    The Fry house and museum will be on the right at 2891 Southern Rd. Richfield, OH 44286 There are all sorts of signs out front about pumpkins, mums, museum.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It is less than a week before the event. The Porta Potty has been ordered.
    The ten day weather forecast reads like this:
    Friday: partly sunny, high 68 degrees, low 53 degrees, 10% chance of rain
    Saturday: mostly cloudy, high 67 degrees, low 52 degrees, 20% chance of rain
    Sunday: cloudy 68, 52, 20%
    Wind less than 10mph all three days.

As usual the host is wondering who will visit us? Thank you all who have posted. Who else is coming? Any film lurkers are welcome.

Thanks,

John & Dolly
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like I won't make it again. The car is now doing mysterious things. Yesterday it wouldn't start after work and I suspected the clutch safety switch so I replaced it. Didn't make any difference. My daughter picked me up and brought me home and I drove the old pickup truck to work (1993. It isn't suitable for long journeys any more. It wouldn't make it. One of these days on a trip to the dump we'll just leave it there.)

Today after work I give it a try and zoom! fires right up. Drive it home and then later have to run to the post office. Zoom! Runs fine. Darn thing is going to leave me beside the road or in a parking lot one of these days and I'll have the opportunity to try again to figure out the problem, but I'd rather not be 200 miles from home when that happens. Sorry!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mike,

Stuff happens. Sorry. We will miss you. Frustrating, that you have waited so long for some free time, and then this.

The trip up to Harbor Springs for Photostock was the last ride of my 2003 Highlander. The mechanics said it was looking at $3000 worth of work by snow fall and blue book was $5000. The girls are dirtying up a 2010 now. Dolly says, one dirty, hairy SUV pretty much looks like another.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format

NE OH Gathering, September 28-29-30, 2012

I regret to say I will not be able to attend the gathering this weekend as previously planned. I will miss you all!! Have to catch you all next time... Maybe Jeff can have some ice cream and something with bacon for me!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Charlie,

Really sorry to hear you can’t make it. I was looking forward both to your company and learning more about wet plate.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    What we need to know, is who is coming?
    Who will be camping?
    Who will be here when?
    Of those coming, who would like to go to the Fry Farm Museum, who would like to go to the Flats, or is there a third as yet unspecified place you would like to photograph?

John

Shooter
    Multi Format

NE OH Gathering, September 28-29-30, 2012

John, thank you. I of course will miss your company as well. And even though I cant make it, thanks for hosting this wonderful gathering, I am sad to miss it this time around. I hope you all have great weather!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,

It looks like, at the last minute, I have found someone to care for aged relative on Saturday. If all goes well, I will able to make it.

I am greatly looking forward to it, these gatherings are a gas [what can I say, it was the 60's, I was there, and occasionally some distant (and usually inappropriate) memory bubbles to the surface].

Nicholas Lindan
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm still fairly sure I can make it by myself on Sat. Hubby is pretty set on it happening. I'm hoping to leave here early (yeah, I know, even hubby is laughing at that one). I hope to be over there by about 10ish and I'd really like to shoot at the farm. I'll likely be throwing every format I have into the car. It'll just be a day trip and I'll likely leave around dinner time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin