Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,605   Online: 1076

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Plan B option to think about:

Considering the predicted weather, let me remind you that the Cleveland Museum of Art has a great exhibit about do it yourself photo book publishing with 136 DIY photography books for the touching and looking. http://www.clevelandart.org/visit/exhibitions.aspx

Here is a review of the exhibit.
    http://the330.com/featured/photo-boo...museum-of-art/
    John, have you seen this exhibit yet? I'm planning on heading up sometime before it ends. What a wonderful idea for a show. I remember a couple of years ago during the Lee Friedlander exhibit at Cleveland they had many of his DIY style books on display.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    I'll be even more crude and unbearable than usual ... I can handle the wet grass & no porta-potty
    Hmmm, sounds like wilderness week at Boy Scout camp.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Shawn,

Dolly and I did see this. It is overwhelming because there are so many styles and subjects. Some books are quite valuable and wired to the long table, but you can pick them all up and look and read. There are all sizes and qualities of paper. Even if you don’t like a particular photographer’s work it is fascinating to see the choices of style, print, paper and how the images were sequenced.

We saw this exhibit with the Youth & Beauty exhibit from the 20s which is now closed. There were many B&W photos by some of my favorites from the period. The two created what I call museum overload. I just can’t take it all in with one visit. I am reminded of our first visit to the Carnegie Museum where the tickets were stamped in large print with, “You can’t see it all in one visit. Use this ticket for a discount on your next visit.”

Let me know when you are coming. Maybe I can join you for my second tour of the dyi exhibit. I think this is one of the free exhibits. Entrance to the museum is free to the public. The Youth & Beauty exhibit had a charge for non members, but it is closed now.

The museum has been going through a multi million and multi year restoration. The huge atrium, the largest and most beautiful I have seen, opened a day or so before we saw the exhibit. Spectacular architecture.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    Hmmm, sounds like wilderness week at Boy Scout camp.
    I assume this means you will be sleeping at home.
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The only thing changing more frequently than the weather is the forecast.

As of noon on Thursday the Atmospheric Administration is forecasting sunny for Saturday with a 14% chance of rain. High of 68. For this time of year that's about as good as it usually gets.

My preference for Saturday would be the Flats - hoping for interesting clouds, the forecast is 80% blue skies.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee G, we were writing at the same time.
    When do you think you will get here for dinner?

Weather for the three days:
    Friday: high 65, mostly sunny, low 46, 10% chance of rain
    Saturday: high 65, low 47, scattered showers and cloudy, 30% chance of rain
    Sunday: high 58, low 45, 50% chance of rain
    You can get updates at weather.com using zip 44286
    Hi John,

I think Sue and I may roll in late. I have to work on Friday and she does not (Guess being the boss has its advantages). I don't eat Pizza, (milk-cheese thing) she loves it but is doing really well on her diet, so she many not. I'll chat with her tonight about that.

Thanks for the weather update and for being such great hosts.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    As of noon on Thursday the Atmospheric Administration is forecasting sunny for Saturday with a 14% chance of rain. High of 68. For this time of year that's about as good as it usually gets.

My preference for Saturday would be the Flats - hoping for interesting clouds, the forecast is 80% blue skies.
    Nick,

I like that, but I don't understand why we have such different forecasts. I use weather.com and zip 44286 which is Richfield. Everett Rd divides Bath from Richfield. Richfield is 600-700 feet higher than the Flats. The Flats of course are right on Lake Erie. We are inland. Is that what is causing the different forecasts or is it the sources?

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    For those coming on Saturday, please meet at our house at 9 AM to sort out who is going where. Jeff S and Nick I realize that if you are going to the Flats that would mean a lot of needless driving. I think Chris would like to join you in the Flats. Do you have a suggestion to sort that out? Chris is from Danbury, CT so he is going to need some help locating you.

Lee & Sue, have dinner where you want. Eat healthy. Come to our house Sat. morning at 9 AM. We can go over to the Fry Farm Museum. Bethe can join us when she gets here. She has directions and an I-Phone though I gather their new IOS 6 maps are not so hot.

I don't know if domestic birds fall into Sue's birding interest. My understanding is that Jim raises some unusual chickens and turkeys. I don't know a thing about it, but I am sure he would be happy to talk about it for
    Last edited by jp80874; 09-27-2012 at 12:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Several weather links here:
    https://sites.google.com/site/neohapug/home/weather

And a graphical forecast on an hourly scale specific to Richfield. Jump back and forth two days at a time with buttons at the upper right. Updated frequently. :

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...Type=graphical

If you're colorblind or prefer a B&W of the previous:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ical&bw=1&dd=1

I'll miss this weekend, but look forward to next spring.

I was at the museum for our anniversary in August with my wife. The photobook exhibit seemed too overwhelming to start on with the limited time we had, so we saw other things. I'm hoping to get back to see the photobooks with lots of time.

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 09-27-2012 at 03:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know if domestic birds fall into Sue's birding interest. My understanding is that Jim raises some unusual chickens and turkeys. I don't know a thing about it, but I am sure he would be happy to talk about it for
    Sue loves chickens. She has many times talked about wanting to live someplace where we can have free range chickens.

Besides, they taste just like chicken!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin