Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,725   Posts: 1,515,053   Online: 1112

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Helix in Chicago Going Out of Business

A friend forwarded an email from them saying they are going out of business. Also on their website: http://www.helixcamera.com/events/gob.html

I bought a lot of supplies there in the pre interent years. Now it's easier and cheaper to mail order considering the long drive down and the cost of gas.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never been there, however, to bad. The profit margins in digital is probably a lot lower with more competition.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Sad. Thanks for the info. So what's left in the loop, Central and Calumet?
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sad news. I had my stainless sink built through them. Still a prized darkroom possession. Sad to see our business gutted. RIP, Helix.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been there and I feel sad I love those old photo stores. Another one I remember is Central Camera on Wabash. Chicago is a great photo town with one less camera store.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin