Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,315   Online: 1067

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking forward to heading out there. Dorothy - Unless somethings changed, no venders, just other photographers. Showing prints at night. Going out and shooting with others during the day. I'm not sure what Bill has planned, but I'll be doing a panoramic presentation one night, and hopefully shooting a group portrait with my cirkut one day whenever we do a group shot. The up is great so lots of people will head up there. Can't wait to see everyone!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7411W.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	764.9 KB 
ID:	70445

Packing. Can't wait!
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim,
    I have to ask, why the misspelling of Mackinac?
    Ken (downstate where the windmills are)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyMark View Post
    Jim,
    I have to ask, why the misspelling of Mackinac?
    Ken (downstate where the windmills are)
    For pronunciation purposes. The correct spelling, Mackinac, is pronounced by most non-Michiganders as Mack-in-ack, which, of course, is wrong. By spelling it as Mack-in-awe, people say it right.

For all of you reading this, this is a Michigan thing.

Jim B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    For pronunciation purposes. The correct spelling, Mackinac, is pronounced by most non-Michiganders as Mack-in-ack, which, of course, is wrong. By spelling it as Mack-in-awe, people say it right.

For all of you reading this, this is a Michigan thing.

Jim B.
    that's funny.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Jim,
    That is what I expected, phonetics.
    Now, for the benefit of all, another Michigan thing. Look at the palm of your right hand, touch the tip of your middle finger. That's the place we're talking about. Mackinac (MACK-in-aw), including Mackinac City, the Straits of Mackinac, Mackinac Island, the Mackinac Bridge (2nd longest suspension bridge in the world), Fort Michilimackinac, and one of the highest per-capita densities of fudge merchants I've ever seen. Also the demarcation line between the land of Uppers (Yoopers) in the U.P. or Upper Penisula and Trolls, who live "below the bridge" in the Lower Penisula.
    I claim dual citizenship as I've lived in Holland all of my life, and own property on Drummond Island.
    Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I'm good.

Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    That's it?! C'mon you can bring that Super-8 again
    Andy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Don't forget Darrow's for pie....

Quote Originally Posted by KennyMark View Post
    Hi Jim,
    That is what I expected, phonetics.
    Now, for the benefit of all, another Michigan thing. Look at the palm of your right hand, touch the tip of your middle finger. That's the place we're talking about. Mackinac (MACK-in-aw), including Mackinac City, the Straits of Mackinac, Mackinac Island, the Mackinac Bridge (2nd longest suspension bridge in the world), Fort Michilimackinac, and one of the highest per-capita densities of fudge merchants I've ever seen. Also the demarcation line between the land of Uppers (Yoopers) in the U.P. or Upper Penisula and Trolls, who live "below the bridge" in the Lower Penisula.
    I claim dual citizenship as I've lived in Holland all of my life, and own property on Drummond Island.
    Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    That's it?! C'mon you can bring that Super-8 again
    Sadly I only have two cartridges of Super 8 stock in my fridge, and they're earmarked for a return Chicago trip next month! I will be shooting (digital) video this year!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin