Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,586   Online: 906

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This was a truly amazing event. Thanks for everything Bill & Kathy! thanks Jeff, Eva, Dan & Silke for sharing your room with me. I had a wonderful time. Next time I will NOT get lost!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David... About 70 people were there.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    David... About 70 people were there.
    From all over Canada and US. Great time was had by all. Thanks Bill !!!!
    Hope to see everyone in 2014

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrunell View Post
    Oh no! That sucks! That sand hill leading down to the lake was unforgiving. I don't think you were the only one to get stuck, there was a jeep buried to the axle on Friday afternoon. It was good to meet you at any rate!
    It was terrific to meet everyone. Nary a single bad conversation to be had. While I was stuck, I watched a guy with a Chevy Blazer whose front axle was no longer receiving power almost get stuck, and a pickup truck with 4wd struggle a bit. Both of them stopped to lament the fact that they didn't have a towing strap with them that day and offer condolences. Given how far off the shoulder I was, I'm glad they didn't try to pull me out and I waited for the tow truck. I'm now poorer but wiser for the experience.

Final roll count for the four days on the ground -
    7 rolls Ilford Delta 400
    1 roll Ilford HP5+
    3 rolls Kodak Ektar 100
    2 rolls Kodak Portra 160
    1 roll Kodak Portra 400

The jumble of color film was because I was trying to burn off some odd ends of pro packs.

I also got what may well turn out to be my new avatar - a photo of me with my pair of Rolleiflexes, and the Rolleis are wearing my Wayfarers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This event will most certainly be on my calendar for 2014! Bill - do you plan on having any workshops at your new facility any time this year?

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill,
    I couldn't make 2013 because of ongoing obligations at that time of the year but from reading these early reviews I will be moving heaven and earth to make it in 2014.
    Keep the info flowing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got back to St Paul last night after eight days of magic. First: Thanks to Bill for his outstanding and relentless enthusiasm, as well as the generous support for the community of photography and the arts. It's about time some good news hits photography, with all that we read about professional photographers having a hard time. This is a really good thing that is happening! It was an honor and a pleasure to be at the inauguration of the new workshop facility, and to spend that time among friends, old ones and new ones. What a magical time! So much fun.

Heidi and I drove around in the Michigan Upper Peninsula for five days prior to the event, and camped at JW Wells State Park, Indian Lake State Park, and two nights in Grand Marais. We saw the mouth of the Two Hearted River, the Grand Sable Dunes, the Au Sable Light Stateion, and the shores of both Lake Michigan and Lake Superior. It's with mixed feelings we travel through there, because of the destitute economical conditions as well as the utterly beautiful and pristine nature. I don't think it's possible to make up a place so beautiful.

Both of us have appreciated the kindness, humor, and generosity of all the other visitors, and the extremely patient folks at the beautiful Birchwood Inn, where most of this rogue posse of photographers stay during the event. All I can say is that you should have seen the mountain of recycled glass after the event...
    It's been so nice to rekindle some old friendships, to finally meet some old online friends in person, and also to meet a few new people. What a great bunch of people! It's a real privilege to spend time with all of you.

The program was really great this year. Really interesting presentations from four remarkably talented women, and Jamie Young gave (from what I hear, I sadly missed it) a great presentation surrounding Cirkut cameras. With no offense meant to Jamie at all, it was great to see so many female presenters, because even though there are female gear-heads too, most women that I know that are photographers are remarkably good at simply doing what they love without obsessing about what camera, film, developer, etc, to use. That provided for presentations largely geared toward the passion of making photographs, which I thought was incredibly inspiring and fun.

It's great to hang out with all of these people, and on top of that you are in one of the most beautiful places that are, with your camera equipment, and you can go photograph it whenever you want to. With changing conditions we had clear blue skies, fog, an incredible full moon rise, and overcast conditions that are perfect for shooting in the pristine woods in the area. It doesn't get much better than that from a perspective of being a lover of nature and photography at the same time.

Finally I'd like to shout out to the Schwab family. Thank you for putting your time and energy into this event, and being such wonderful hosts.

Now let's see what my 27 rolls of film might have on them... It might take me more than a year to get around to printing them.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A couple teasers...the Type-55 4x5 shots.

The rest of the 4x5 will have to wait until I upgrade my Scanner.
    >_>
    <_<
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First four rolls out of the wash looking pretty good. Four more tonight... Fun and exciting to see what gives!
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Friday evening.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photostock1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	446.7 KB 
ID:	70797

Jim B.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin