Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,612   Online: 830

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Loren, I left a note on your YouTube page, but also wanted to leave my thanks here for posting this online. It's wonderful for those of us who won't ever be able to get to a Photostock but would still absolutely LOVE to be a part of it! Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Sattler View Post
    Linda and I had a wonderful time at the event. Bill, thanks for all the effort to put this together. The move to the Birchwood since our last visit in 2008 was a wonderful improvement. The central location keeps the group together. The presentations were excellent and catered to a wide range of interests. Thank you to all the presenters as well.

Here are links to the videos shot during Jamie's Circut panoramic photo shoot.

Video 2, short, best for quick view of the action
    http://youtu.be/EUyxZ70Cw0U

Video 1, longer, better view of the participants
    http://youtu.be/qZojCXwB1ZY

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just checking in for my first time after returning home for a few days of rest. What an incredible time I had this year!!!! Such a wide an varied crew of folks, it was overwhelming. So fantastic to see that photographic exploration is alive, heathy and practiced by so many fine people. We're not only helping to keep it alive, it is thriving.

The presenters this year were spectacular, I thought... and what is more, they were practically all women. Not that I don't love hanging with you guys, but it is great to have more women each year. Big thank you to S.Gayle Stevens, Jeanne Wells, Vicki Reed and Judy Sherrod for their sharing as well as Andrew Moxom for showing off his latest creation, the trailer darkbox. Like everything Andy builds, it is top shelf. And to the one and only Clay Harmon, a huge thanks for being the first instructor of a workshop at the new facility. I believe it was the first of many stellar shops and he has set the bar high.

And to everyone who came, shared their prints, stories, support and well wishes for the future of the workshop facility... I can't thank you enough for warming the new place up. A lot of you came a long way to be together and that speaks a lot about this community we have. I loved seeing that crowd sitting on the porch and using it for what it was meant and I look forward to a lot more of the same.

On to 2014!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013_group_small.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	71036
    (Thanks to ken Johnson for the photo!)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Already have a whole week reserved at Birchwood..Please tell them if the week changes!,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Feel so Close...Photostock 2013

Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Incredible Alex!!! So sad to have missed this year's fest, but that video sure helps, err, feel so close! Andy
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sweet video AXLE!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That was great! Thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fantastic video, Alex! It expressed the atmosphere of the event perfectly.

-Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks very much for that video!!! I'm so sad that I missed this year (and the last couple). The one and only Photostock I went to (2009), I had such a great time. I've seen all the images and facebook posts since then and just miss it so much! When I went in '09, I was pregnant (about 6 weeks) and so now I have this little active boy to keep track of and keep alive and growing. Thanks to hubby's jobs and the Army, I haven't had a vacation from that "job" since he was born. Hopefully next year hubby will be able to handle him for a week so I can get to MI again and have a vacation.
    And I got my kickstarter reward (a Bill Schwab book) yesterday - awesome book and I'm very happy to have been a part of the virtual darkroom raising. Is the plaque up on the building, yet? Can someone post a picture of it? Bet it's a very cool sight.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Alex for making the video. It was great!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin