Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,294   Online: 958

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    Alright so looking at the map, and the photos...I'm really looking forward to this!
    Just a reminder that about a hundred posts back I mentioned the park prints a fold out map. I have gathered a pile of them. They will be available when you arrive. Just ask if you don't see them. If you want a guide hang out with Shawn, Lee or Dorothy, although D freely admits she has no idea where she has been or is at that moment. Look out for that Bannow guy unless you want to spend all your time at the ice-cream store.

I talked to a Ranger yesterday as the Girls and I were about to start a very muddy hike. He said they are going to be hit badly by the sequester. If that is still in effect by the event some things may have changed since others were last here. He said layoffs would mean the bathrooms would not be cleaned very often. Specific sites that had open hours might not be opened for the same amount of time as before. For those expecting a sunrise opening, sunrise might come about noon. Just check the signs the night before.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Awesome Shawn!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I need to scout out the Stepher Frazee house, just recently found out it existed. Since the Frazee's are my ancestors it's worth a look.

http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/ohioeriecanal/fra.htm

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Aaron,

Fantastic. I hope you will tell us all about it and your connection. As I said above, check on the hours they are open, if they are open, after the sequester kicks in.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tractors View Post
    I need to scout out the Stepher Frazee house, just recently found out it existed. Since the Frazee's are my ancestors it's worth a look.

http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/ohioeriecanal/fra.htm
    Nice! I may just end up spending most of Saturday exploring that whole park! Or Sunday...one of those two days

I'm glad I have the monday as well to explore through Clevland.
    Last edited by Axle; 03-03-2013 at 03:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format

GPS data

I'm going to attach a .gpx file of locations from the NEOH-APUG web site Google maps.

If you have a Garmin GPS, or another brand of GPS that takes .gpx formatted files, or a program to do conversions to your format, you can download this attachment, rename it to NEOH-APUG.gpx (by deleting the .txt at the end of the uploaded file name), and load these points of interest into your GPS.

I don't use Windows or Mac, so I can't do tech support for transferring to your GPS, you'll have to read your own instructions.

Lee
    Attached Files

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    I'm going to attach a .gpx file of locations from the NEOH-APUG web site Google maps.

If you have a Garmin GPS, or another brand of GPS that takes .gpx formatted files, or a program to do conversions to your format, you can download this attachment, rename it to NEOH-APUG.gpx (by deleting the .txt at the end of the uploaded file name), and load these points of interest into your GPS.

I don't use Windows or Mac, so I can't do tech support for transferring to your GPS, you'll have to read your own instructions.

Lee
    Thanks Lee from all of us. I am sure that will help.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    What a fun day. Lee L and wife Barbara, Mat, Peter and wife Jean, Dolly and I met in Oberlin for lunch, then went to the FAVA six state regional show opening. All who entered got at least one of three prints into the juried show. Bethe (Winger) couldn’t make it over from PA, but as mentioned above, got two prints in the show and they won two of the five Juror’s awards of $100 each. Black is the new neutral. Peter and I enjoyed a long talk with the judge who happens to live in the Cleveland Flats where we are photographing a series. Big Day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Awesome Shawn!
    Thanks, Dale!

Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    What a fun day. Lee L and wife Barbara, Mat, Peter and wife Jean, Dolly and I met in Oberlin for lunch, then went to the FAVA six state regional show opening. All who entered got at least one of three prints into the juried show. Bethe (Winger) couldn’t make it over from PA, but as mentioned above, got two prints in the show and they won two of the five Juror’s awards of $100 each. Black is the new neutral. Peter and I enjoyed a long talk with the judge who happens to live in the Cleveland Flats where we are photographing a series. Big Day.
    Congratulations to all! Sounds like a great time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would love to make this gathering, the timing has always been bad on previous ones for me but have always wanted to drive up for the get-together.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin