Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,234   Online: 834

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I spent the day cleaning up, doing the first grass mowing, then repairing the tractor. Dolly, the Girls and I walked down to dolly’s mother’s house, about a half mile round trip. The trees were just coming into bloom. I wanted to mention that down the driveway may be some interesting shots for our guests. There is a large old barn that Dolly’s mother bought, tore apart with two day laborers, numbered each part and reassembled in the early 1970s. There are several out buildings that are falling apart and about 90 acres of walking about, should you be interested. The camp ground is dry with nice lush grass. Lets hope we don’t have two weeks of rain. We are looking forward to you all coming. The place will be as nice as we can make it. We hope you will come and enjoy.

Poor old Savannah, the oldest of our Girls, is now 13.5. Please be careful of her. She trips over herself, but will want to welcome or challenge each guest. A friendly hand and word will make all three happy. Do watch your step. This is a dog world. That is how the grass gets green and lush.

Welcome.

John, Dolly and the Girls
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Rocks & Roots Restaurant Change

As many as five of us have met at Nelson Kennedy Ledges, roughly an hour east of here for early morning hikes and shoots. On a great suggestion from Peter’s wife we went to a delicious place called Randall’s in Garrettsville, OH for lunch.

Today, Saturday, Dolly went to a writer’s lecture at the library in Garrettsville. We tried Randall’s for Saturday lunch and found it closed even though the hours posted said it should be open. His garish looking motorcycle was parked in the owner’s slot. The doors were locked and the lights were out.

We found a pretty good substitute a couple of blocks away that will keep you from starving. Sean’s Pub and Eatery, 8105 Main St., is a tavern from the 1800s with 10x10 posts and beams. Good food was in abundance. Not the exotic stories of Randall’s, but a good meal.

While Dolly was at the lecture I went up to Middlefield to the Amish Cheese Co-op. The extra sharp white cheddar is very good. Driving through Middlefield on the way back I saw a personal first, a Wal-Mart with 15 Amish buggies hitch to a rail along the side. There is a picture there I am sure.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 05-04-2013 at 05:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    is there a photorama on the 19th? I'd be very interested in going to that. Any other takers?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    is there a photorama on the 19th? I'd be very interested in going to that. Any other takers?
    The notice on their website, Photorama.com, is that the show is canceled. Sorry.

I didn't get a postcard. I wasn't even aware that it was scheduled.

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    John's prints are MUCH better than the scans. He showed me a couple this morning while we were in the Flats shooting, and they were amazing. A Van Dyoke Brown and a silver print. He makes it look too easy. John also had a more productive day shooting, but at least it all ended with a good meal.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Gosh,
    Thank you Peter. I know it must be sincere. If it weren't you would have said it before lunch and I would have felt compelled to buy.

We had fun in the flats. The Alpena was back again. Two more ships came to town. The bridge construction continued. There was much to see and do, but always best with a friend.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 05-05-2013 at 08:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The ongoing bridge construction in the Flats is always exciting. Everytime you go there another piece of the puzzle is being put together. The dogs saw this and wanted to know if they could trade in their three foot long crates on something more appropriate to their station in life. They will probably be wanting a Porta Potty like this one in the background soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JohnCrookedCages.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	503.1 KB 
ID:	68441

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Rocks & Roots Restaurant Change

As many as five of us have met at Nelson Kennedy Ledges, roughly an hour east of here for early morning hikes and shoots. On a great suggestion from Peter’s wife we went to a delicious place called Randall’s in Garrettsville, OH for lunch.

Today, Saturday, Dolly went to a writer’s lecture at the library in Garrettsville. We tried Randall’s for Saturday lunch and found it closed even though the hours posted said it should be open. His garish looking motorcycle was parked in the owner’s slot. The doors were locked and the lights were out.

We found a pretty good substitute a couple of blocks away that will keep you from starving. Sean’s Pub and Eatery, 8105 Main St., is a tavern from the 1800s with 10x10 posts and beams. Good food was in abundance. Not the exotic stories of Randall’s, but a good meal.

While Dolly was at the lecture I went up to Middlefield to the Amish Cheese Co-op. The extra sharp white cheddar is very good. Driving through Middlefield on the way back I saw a personal first, a Wal-Mart with 15 Amish buggies hitch to a rail along the side. There is a picture there I am sure.

John
    John,
    =) Lynn and I tried to eat at Randall's last year, he was open and had customers but said he was now "by appointment only" and turned us away... Haven't tried Sean's Pub yet. We ended up eating at the Mill Street Grille and Brewery. They have some great food, too.

While I'm at it here is a print I made last night from a trip to Buttermilk Falls. It's a 6x6cm exposed with my Rolleiflex T.
    "Cairn, Buttermilk Falls"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1586788242-2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	68476

Or you can view it HERE without the black background. And thanks to Dan for updating my vocabulary. =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was not certain I could make this gathering until just recently, but everything works out and I look forward to meeting everyone! John, I have sent you a PM with details. Should be great!

-Rob

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Shawn Dougherty;1495533]John,
    =) Lynn and I tried to eat at Randall's last year, he was open and had customers but said he was now "by appointment only" and turned us away... Haven't tried Sean's Pub yet. We ended up eating at the Mill Street Grille and Brewery. They have some great food, too.

While I'm at it here is a print I made last night from a trip to Buttermilk Falls. It's a 6x6cm exposed with my Rolleiflex T.
    "Cairn, Buttermilk Falls"

Thanks Shawn. Is Mill Street Grill in Garrettsvile?

Like the Buttermilk Falls shot. Wonderful. More of the same please.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin