Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,727   Online: 805

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robburrito View Post
    I was not certain I could make this gathering until just recently, but everything works out and I look forward to meeting everyone! John, I have sent you a PM with details. Should be great!

-Rob
    Thank you Rob. Glad you are coming. Looking forward to meeting you. I will send directions.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy Mothers Day to all. Expecially to Dolly

I am down here in Florida taking care of my Mom and Dad and now will not be able to make the spring gathering.
    Will miss you all.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Lee,

Thank you. Glad you can be with your parents. We will miss you, but will save a spot at the next gathering for you and Sue if the birds are not busy that weekend.

John & Dolly
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    We are just about there. Friday is the start of the Gathering. I hope you are looking forward to it as much as we are. It helps to know how many are coming and when. We tell the Saturday night restaurant and the Sunday morning brunch location so the can bring in an extra person or two to give better service.

Friday we will welcome you any time after 5 PM. Please let me know when you will be coming in and who is camping. We will order in pizza so we can talk, people with long drives can come when they can get here and we can decide who wants to shoot where in the morning. Bring your work to show.

For the rocks and roots people we have the Cuyahoga Valley National Park starting two miles from the house. I will have maps for you.

For history buffs we have the Ohio Farm Museum 1.4 miles away.

For those interested in the Cleveland Flats I will have maps to help you find your way in and out. I suggest that it is safest to shoot with a partner there.

Who is coming and when?

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did an inventory of my camping gear, and packing it up tonight! According to my routing, I should be arriving between 2 and 3pm! And will be camping! I'm assuming there's some sort of grocery store nearby so I can get meat for meals on the day I cook (I'll be getting the non-perishable essentials en-route).

Really looking forward to this!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Thanks Shawn. Is Mill Street Grill in Garrettsvile?

Like the Buttermilk Falls shot. Wonderful. More of the same please.

John
    Yep, Mill Street is the Big Mill right next to the bridge, big wooden building.

You know me but as of today it looks like Lynn and I will be arriving Saturday morning and camping Saturday Night. I'm not sure how early Saturday, definitely in time for breakfast, hopefully for shooting before that.

Sunday Morning we will be getting up for a sunrise shoot somewhere if anyone is interested.

I'll be bringing a fair amount of new work to share, can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to!

Lee L, you coming?! Going out early with us Sunday?

Peter, how about you? I haven't seen you since fall 2011! Looking forward to seeing some prints of these beautiful scans from the Cleveland Flats you and Mr. Powers have been posting.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    I did an inventory of my camping gear, and packing it up tonight! According to my routing, I should be arriving between 2 and 3pm! And will be camping! I'm assuming there's some sort of grocery store nearby so I can get meat for meals on the day I cook (I'll be getting the non-perishable essentials en-route).

Really looking forward to this!
    Are you still going to the Cleveland Museum show before you come out here? I may be out doing errands or mowing depending how things go at 2-3 PM. We plan to open at 5 PM, but if I am here I can show you where the tents go.

There are at least five grocery stores within 5-10 miles. The pizza Friday night, the dinner Saturday and brunch Sunday are purposefully inexpensive. You may find it pretty cheap just to come with us. Ask people you know like Mat.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Shawn,

We will be happy to see you both when ever you show up. Looking forward to the prints.

Mr. Powers esq.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    John,

Looking forward to the coming weekend. I will not be camping. See everyone on Friday.

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will be joining you all. I finished moving everything my father has owned for the past 60 years into my house (including a store full of cameras!) , but we were able to get him into the one bedroom apt. It only took 6 weeks! I haven't had time to print anything though, but will be looking forward to seeing yours. i treated myself to a used hassy which i'm looking forward to using also. I think I earned it!
    Can't wait to see you all...

Dorothy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin