Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,400   Online: 1165

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Are you still going to the Cleveland Museum show before you come out here? I may be out doing errands or mowing depending how things go at 2-3 PM. We plan to open at 5 PM, but if I am here I can show you where the tents go.
    I don't think I'll be hitting up the Museum show, I want to shoot in downtown Cleveland on the Friday and hit up Aperture before heading down. If need be, I'll find something to shoot around the house

There are at least five grocery stores within 5-10 miles. The pizza Friday night, the dinner Saturday and brunch Sunday are purposefully inexpensive. You may find it pretty cheap just to come with us. Ask people you know like Mat.
    Perfect! But I was thinking for a couple lunches and breakfasts, I love to cook while camping so I take every opportunity, but I will for sure join in group meals!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Axle;1497421]I don't think I'll be hitting up the Museum show, I want to shoot in downtown Cleveland on the Friday and hit up Aperture before heading down. If need be, I'll find something to shoot around the house

If you or anyone else wants to shoot in the Flats before coming and you don't know where it is, put this address in Mapquest or your favorite mapping software, 1148 Main Ave Cleveland, OH 44113. That is Shooters, the strip club next to where the Alpena docks. When you get there just wander around, follow the crooked river. Peter and I have been shooting in the Flats for a year. We find new stuff every time. Remember that Friday afternoon traffic coming out of Cleveland can be a little heavy and starts about 3PM.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    One of the themes in the series I have been shooting is the bizarre range of scale in the Flats. Maybe this is a good example.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JohnDetroit.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	68716

Then of course there is the abstraction of the construction which constantly evolves.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JohnEastSideI90.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	360.9 KB 
ID:	68717
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you or anyone else wants to shoot in the Flats before coming and you don't know where it is, put this address in Mapquest or your favorite mapping software, 1148 Main Ave Cleveland, OH 44113. That is Shooters, the strip club next to where the Alpena docks. When you get there just wander around, follow the crooked river. Peter and I have been shooting in the Flats for a year. We find new stuff every time. Remember that Friday afternoon traffic coming out of Cleveland can be a little heavy and starts about 3PM.
    Excellent, that's fairly close to where I want to shoot so I'll be sure to make a stop there before going to Aperture.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll be staying at the Days Inn in Richfield, I don't expect to get there until late Friday evening; I will come join you Saturday morning.

-Rob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John, as we get closer and I am planning this week and weekend out, can you re-post the expected arrival/meeting times Friday and Sat? I'm really looking forward to seeing people and their photographs; I have been in somewhat of a photographic slump the last 6 months.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like I better find my little tent and get some camping gear together. I plan on gradually driving over Friday afternoon.

I will probably bring some form of stove and a cast iron skillet. Nothing better than a camping breakfast,
    Tri-X in HC-110 forever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ken won't be here this weekend, so I'll be stuck with the little dude. I'm hoping to drive over on Sat for a short visit (and pick up my photos from Oberlin, if John doesn't have them nailed to a wall) and then maybe turn Nate "loose" in the ledges while I shoot. He's been hiking a couple of times and is ok - it's fun to see through his eyes, too. The more times he can do it, the better he'll be, right? And this won't inflict him on you all as much.
    I can't stay long and might not make it at all, but I'll bring some prints from the Farm Museum, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tractors View Post
    Looks like I better find my little tent and get some camping gear together. I plan on gradually driving over Friday afternoon.

I will probably bring some form of stove and a cast iron skillet. Nothing better than a camping breakfast,
    I'll have a nice Colman stove with me, that you're more than welcome to use if you so desire, and it has a griddle on it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What time are you heading down to the Flats, John? Trying to get out of work a bit earlier to get in some shooting! ^__^
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin