Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,410   Online: 1113

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16202122232425262728 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you all who came to the event and those who said nice things. Dolly and I want to thank you for taking such good care of our home and the Girls. This is our fifth year of doing this and I have only had to pick up one soda bottle and hand Dale his pizza box to be thrown away in all that time. Those who wanted to, but didn’t make it, we missed you. Twenty six attended at some point, if just for a meal or all three days. This was a record.

Besides the socializing with like minded people, the shooting, the trekking, the print review was great. We had 19 in our living room, turned the air conditioning down a notch and had spot lights hanging from the railing above. It worked quite well. Lots of great work.

Some print review highlights. Dan Henderson showed 4x5 work from his March trip to Cuba. Robert Bender showed 6x6 work from his trip to Cuba two years ago. Very different, but both very good. Silke showed work she and Daniel shot in abandoned factories in Sarajevo. Silke posed nude as usual. Be still my heart. Sean has started shooting 4x5 in an old farmhouse his girl friend Lynn has rented in PA. Really interesting light patterns, contact prints with large mats. Bethe brought some 8x10s from the farm museum, close ups with shallow depth of field, very different from what Peter and I had shot. I showed my most recent class work, twenty matted 7x17 contact silver prints from the Flats. Having seen my pictures everyone wanted to see what Peter did in 8x10 with many of the same locations. Unfortunately Peter had consumed some bad water at work Friday and was home sick for most of the weekend. As of Tuesday he was still feeling a little rough.

We found out Sunday at brunch that Jeff Smith married Courtney last weekend. Very pretty bride who we had met at last October’s gathering. Be good to each other and enjoy.

Hope more of you will venture over here to one of the next NE OH Gatherings.
    We hope to have another late July or early August, and another late September or early October. I will post dates when Dolly and Savannah tell me we have them.

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    LOST & FOUND FIND, a canvas and metal fold out chair. Give me a better description if you think it is yours and when you would like to pick it up if you are close enough.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I developed my film Monday night and started the printing last night. As much as I love waterfalls I've never made an image of Brandywine... I was taken with a digital image Lynn made from the top on a trip over last year and decided to try my own interpretation before we left Sunday. The water was way down which actually made things better (I think).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1711822944-4.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	69206

HERE is a direct link without the black border. The print is all about the high gray values while still retaining some blacks with nice local contrast... in other words, it was difficult for me to scan. Hope to show it in person at the next gathering.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's work from the weekend! Please post some images here if you get a chance.

Thanks again, John & Dolly!
    Last edited by Shawn Dougherty; 05-23-2013 at 09:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Spectacular!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    John: black chair with a Sporting Goods store logo printed on the back. Can't remember which one. I know where I left it on Saturday afternoon, but it had disappeared when I went looking for it later. It has served me well camping, not to mention tailgating at more Jimmy Buffett concerts than I care to admit, so its probably time for a newer model. Lean it up against one of those junky old cars you have in your garage and people can use it at future gatherings. And thanks again for the nice weekend. It even made getting stopped by a Virginia State Trooper on the way home a pleasant experience.
    Dan

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dan,

Thats it. Sorry about the trooper. You just got carried away with all that new horsepower. Didn't the trooper have any respect for an "old" Fire Chief?

I found the chair in the patio area with a second chair that turned out to be Alex's. Fortunately he had not yet left. Dolly is a strong Jimmy Buffett fan. I think she will want to take over the chair when she learns its history.

Thanks for coming to the party. I loved the new Cuban pictures.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Time for a rehash. Last time we thought if we posted some pictures of what you can find in the area we might get some more enthusiasm. We did have record attendance. When a new thread for the next event is up, please post your images. Any other ideas of how we can improve future events, draw new interesting people and bring back the good people who have been here before? All ideas considered. We had several demos in the last year. Any ideas or volunteers for new show and tells?

Correction to an above post. This was the first event in our sixth year of NE OH Gatherings, not the fifth. Thank you all for making them a ball.

Thank you for your thoughts.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't know Dolly was a Parrothead! Cool!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I didn't know Dolly was a Parrothead! Cool!
    I guess if someone would have flashed the Fins signal we would all have self-identified.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    I guess if someone would have flashed the Fins signal we would all have self-identified.
    LOL!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin