Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,649   Online: 852

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Dorothy,

Here is a link to the Fava show. It is a six state regional show. Anyone in the five states touching OH and Ohio itself can enter. Deadline is Feb 17. See http://www.favagallery.org/Fava%20gallery.html and click on the entry form for details. You should enter some of your work. I think it is great.

For that matter many of the people who will be attending qualify geographically and all in terms of the quality of their work.

The other show Peter is entering is the Tillman Crane workshop in NJ. I think in April. That may be just platinum prints, not sure.

John
    Thanks for the link. I bought a Tillman Crane book when I was in Maine. Beautiful work!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee,

Isn't there one in the Montrose - Fairlawn area that takes your points? It is closer and there is just about every hotel name that I have heard.

Is the chief birder going to join us?

John
    There is one in Montrose Fairlawn area and they wanted 2X+ the points so I'll opt for the drive to Streetsboro. Keeping points burn down due to using them every time I head south to do things for Mom and Dad in the nursing home.

Sue will certainly be at the Black Swamps area outside of Toledo that weekend. I never get to see her in May hardly at all. I am very excited about the outing.

Went to Columbus yesterday, my granddaughter was born on 2/6/2013 @ 10:30PM. What a baby.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Evalynn Rose 2 .jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So cute! I'm guessing there will be many more photos. And a great day to be born (my little guy's b-day is the 6th as well).

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by htimsdj View Post
    Wow, so many posts this far out ....

I'll definitely be present for some part of the May weekend - look forward to seeing everyone!

Also, I'll be at lunch on Saturday at Fishers.

Jeff

Hi Jeff.

This event has really taken off. We will count on you to visit in May.
    I will see you, Dale and maybe Peter Saturday.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    Thanks for the link. I bought a Tillman Crane book when I was in Maine. Beautiful work!
    I bought "Structure" and have really enjoyed it. I really like his work. If you go to his website you can get on a "monthly musing" list that is very interesting.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    There is one in Montrose Fairlawn area and they wanted 2X+ the points so I'll opt for the drive to Streetsboro. Keeping points burn down due to using them every time I head south to do things for Mom and Dad in the nursing home.

Sue will certainly be at the Black Swamps area outside of Toledo that weekend. I never get to see her in May hardly at all. I am very excited about the outing.

Went to Columbus yesterday, my granddaughter was born on 2/6/2013 @ 10:30PM. What a baby.
    Congratulations Grandpa Lee. Looks really good.

Dolly's daughter and two sons are coming here in a couple of weeks. I envy you that Columbus- Dayton run. Jennifer and family live north of Denver.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    So cute! I'm guessing there will be many more photos. And a great day to be born (my little guy's b-day is the 6th as well).
    ....and Jennifer's older (9) son is also named Nate.

Grandpa John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought "Structure" and have really enjoyed it. I really like his work. If you go to his website you can get on a "monthly musing" list that is very interesting.

John
    I have yet to see his work in person but have enjoyed it on the web for sometime. Being a big Andrew Wyeth fan it's fascinating to see photographs made in the Olson House. I'd love to take a look at your copy of "Structure" next time I'm out, John. If you don't mind of course.

Congrats, to that other Lee! =)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I have yet to see his work in person but have enjoyed it on the web for sometime. Being a big Andrew Wyeth fan it's fascinating to see photographs made in the Olson House. I'd love to take a look at your copy of "Structure" next time I'm out, John. If you don't mind of course.

Congrats, to that other Lee! =)
    Happy to. Did you see the Andrew Wyeth exhibit in the Butler Museum in Youngstown a few years back? Dolly was a big fan prior to that and I got hooked.

Dorothy, which Crane book did you get? I know there is at least one other one, but it was sold out by the time I could afford it.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy to. Did you see the Andrew Wyeth exhibit in the Butler Museum in Youngstown a few years back? Dolly was a big fan prior to that and I got hooked.

John
    Thanks, John! I saw it several times, I'm only about 20 minutes from the Butler. I wasn't crazy about the photographs of him but the paintings were great to finally see in person.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin