Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,661   Online: 1155

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    Jeff: are Dan & Silke coming with you guys this trip? I'm bringing plenty of Yungling!
    Very good question - I've extended the invitation but they haven't decided yet. I'll see if I can prod them in the right direction ....
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Very good question - I've extended the invitation but they haven't decided yet. I'll see if I can prod them in the right direction ....
    Well, if the beer doesn't seal the deal I don't know what else will work.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    Well, if the beer doesn't seal the deal I don't know what else will work.
    Good news - it worked! They are planning on joining us, and bringing the wet plate gear too.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Good news. I have carefully maintained the old red wagon, their prop, throughout the winter. Speaking of wetplate, where is Charlie?

JP
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd like to drive over and check this out, if your not adverse to mildly antisocial forum lurkers showing up. I'm from the Findlay area.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tractors View Post
    I'd like to drive over and check this out, if your not adverse to mildly antisocial forum lurkers showing up. I'm from the Findlay area.
    Heh, sounds like you will fit right in with this bunch!

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Red Tractors,

I think Dan hit it on the head. Welcome.

Everyone attending came for the first time at one point, even the host. This event works because people who like it come back and contribute their interest. It builds because new people come to see what it is all about and end up adding something of their own. If the event doesn’t grow, it dies. You all come and bring prints to show if you want.

In the first post I wrote, “If you have not been here before please PM me with name, address, phone, email and emergency contact in case you do something you shouldn’t have. I will return with directions and our phone number.”

I purposely copied Bill Schwab’s plan of stating various times during the event when, in theory, we would all come together. Those are Friday evening after 5 PM, 9 AM and 5 PM Saturday, and Sunday 10 AM brunch. Other times are catch as catch can.

Please ask any questions you have. Let me know if you are camping. Come and enjoy.

John & Dolly Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John,

PM on the way shortly

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Red Tractors,

I think Dan hit it on the head. Welcome.

Everyone attending came for the first time at one point, even the host. This event works because people who like it come back and contribute their interest. It builds because new people come to see what it is all about and end up adding something of their own. If the event doesn’t grow, it dies. You all come and bring prints to show if you want.

In the first post I wrote, “If you have not been here before please PM me with name, address, phone, email and emergency contact in case you do something you shouldn’t have. I will return with directions and our phone number.”

I purposely copied Bill Schwab’s plan of stating various times during the event when, in theory, we would all come together. Those are Friday evening after 5 PM, 9 AM and 5 PM Saturday, and Sunday 10 AM brunch. Other times are catch as catch can.

Please ask any questions you have. Let me know if you are camping. Come and enjoy.

John & Dolly Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Red Tractors,
    Great Group. Dolly & John are wonderful hosts and it is something I always look forward too; spending time with them and all the others.
    you just have to look out for me, I'm whacko.

the Other Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    John,

PM on the way shortly

Aaron
    Aaron,

Thanks for the contact information. Welcome. Have a great time. Tell us what we can do to improve the event. Tell us how we can make it better for you.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin