Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,167   Online: 770

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    That's a pretty restrictive release form. You can't even post the images on APUG without (yet more) written permission from them looks like.
    They do seem to want one's short hairs in regards to the release of images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking forward to seeing every one. I've been busy sizing and coating paper for my gum bichromate experiments so don't have anything to show. There's a lack of sun whenever I'm ready to expose the paper. I would love another quick demo of your UV light box john. I'm thinking of investing. Tripod is up and running from photostock. is Dan and Silke coming?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Excuse me for not being on the thread for a couple of days. Dolly and I went to visit Mike S in Elkhart, IN for a couple of days. The only connection with our event is that Mike is beginning experiments with Salt prints and will bring some 4x5 samples. He says once he works out any problems he will be making prints with his 8x10. Having just lost my favorite silver paper, Kenetmere Fineprint fbvc, I am very excited.

With Mike we went to have a fantastic Amish dinner at Das Dutchman EssenHaus and a delicious breakfast at the Golden Egg.

As a side benefit the Midwest Museum of American Art in Elkhart, IN, “presents an exhibition of over 100 photographs by three generations of the Weston Family of Photographers beginning Friday, July 19th, through Sunday, October 6th 2013.”

Having enjoyed and been inspired by several Edward Weston exhibits in the last few years it was wonderful to have an opportunity to compare and contrast the work of son Brett and grandson Kim. If you can make it to Elkhart, this is a great exhibit.

http://midwestmuseum.us/exhibits/
    Last edited by jp80874; 08-07-2013 at 08:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Chris, Thanks for offering the Sinar bits. I don’t know if anyone else here has one. Mine is an 8x10 and has spent much of its life here as a very expensive paper towel rack. I had bought it to expand on the 4x5 macro work I did for two series. Perhaps the next cold winter we have that will become attractive again.

Peter, Thanks for posting work from the Flats. That area has given both of us many photographic subjects for at least a year. If any of you haven’t been there it is at least worth a look. It has changed every week we have gone there and been a great subject source.

Lee & Jeff, As I encountered, Hale Farm is not very tripod friendly. The only person I know who has gotten around this is Robert Pucket, who has shot 8x10 wet plate, essentially period one off portraits of the costumed actors in each building. He becomes part of the period show and can’t reprint his images. Good luck with your efforts.

I asked for myself in 2008-9 when I had my 15 month, 30 image, 7x17 show at the parent museum, Western Reserve Historical Society. They had no interest in my continuing at Hale even though they liked and paid for the canal pictures.

Dorothy, You are welcome to come, with or without work. Next time though we want to see the gum bichromate experiments. I haven’t heard anything from Dan and Silke. Jeff, have you heard anything? They are always fun and welcome.

I have two UV light source boxes. 11x14 from Bostick & Sullivan http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/cart...&cat=17&page=1
    and an Ameragraph V28 1200 watt mercury vapor plate burner. I don’t remember which I showed you, but I will be happy to show what I have.

Looking forward to the weekend and our enjoyable visitors. You all come. I have grass to mow, a porta potty to order and doggies to pickup from the Labrador sitter.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it now looks like I will be in town for the weekend. So, John, if you have another place available I would love to come and join you all.

Nick
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=djkloss;1533021 is Dan and Silke coming?[/QUOTE]

I mentioned it to them but haven't gotten a firm answer. You know those Germans ....
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    Well, it now looks like I will be in town for the weekend. So, John, if you have another place available I would love to come and join you all.

Nick
    Always happy to have you Nick.

That brings us up to 19, coming, maybe. Those cats are so hard to herd.
    Last edited by jp80874; 08-07-2013 at 01:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Nature report:

I just finished mowing around the house, stopped for fuel and started down by the camping area. A large wild turkey came out from under the big maple tree just west of the house. Rather than run or fly away the turkey stayed about fifty feet ahead of me on the tractor going down into the camping site and then went off into the woods about where the blue spruce fell during Sandy, roughly straight across the pond from the house. Dorothy, I think you will prefer turkey to Coyote. Bring your own cranberry sauce.

All around the edge of the camping site and the grass road to the driveway there are either blackberries or raspberries. The red ones need to ripen. The black ones are delicious. Jeff will make runs to the Country Maid with you to get ice cream.

Ticks are still out. The OH Dept. of Natural Resources recommends sticking your pants into your socks and spraying your socks and pants bottoms with a .5% solution of Permethrin. The Colonial Pharmacy just south of IRA Rd. and Cleveland Massilon Rd. carries a lice bedding spray whose active ingredient is Permethrin. It costs less than $5. Even with this and Frontline on the dogs, we have brought 23 ticks home with us from both the Park and our yard. Some of the ticks can carry Lyme disease which can be fatal, so please be forewarned if you walk in our yard or the Park.

A nest of hornets was found in the rafters over our west deck, by the kitchen. Orkin is visiting Thursday. I don’t know if the hornets will be dead by Friday. Please avoid the west side of the house between the maple tree and the tractor shed.

Welcome to the suburbs-country.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    just wanted to check in and give you a firm MAYBE for Lynn and myself... I have to work at least Saturday morning and there are a couple of other irons in the fire.

IF we come it will be Saturday afternoon, camp overnight and head out sometime Sunday afternoon. Fingers crossed it all comes together.
    Shawn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    John,
    just wanted to check in and give you a firm MAYBE for Lynn and myself... I have to work at least Saturday morning and there are a couple of other irons in the fire.

IF we come it will be Saturday afternoon, camp overnight and head out sometime Sunday afternoon. Fingers crossed it all comes together.
    Shawn
    Fingers crossed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin