Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,014   Online: 738

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Daniel und Silke are being losers and staying home this weekend. Guess I'll have to eat their portion of ice cream.

Booooo!
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichż

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rsvp for dinner on Sat. And breakfast on Sun.

Will get in late on Friday, crash in Montrous. Will scope out Hale early and if it looks like a cluster of tourists, i may cut my losses. Is anyone really set on going in? That is a deciding factor if others are going.

My cell is 937-294-3117

Lee
    Last edited by daleeman; 08-08-2013 at 08:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Should be in between 5-7PM tomorrow, camping in the Jeep. I bought some heavy duty bug repellant.
    Tri-X in HC-110 forever.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be there for Saturday night dinner.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Booooo!

boo hoo! we will miss you! adam will miss you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Rsvp for dinner on Sat. And breakfast on Sun.

Will get in late on Friday, crash in Montrous. Will scope out Hale early and if it looks like a cluster of tourists, i may cut my losses. Is anyone really set on going in? That is a deciding factor if others are going.

My cell is 937-294-3117

Lee
    I've done my re-enactments a few years ago. It was fun then, using 35mm but the tourists & their children are a pain. It's a difficult thing unless you can corner someone into a portrait when no one is around to stare and ask silly questions.... imho and then, there's the inevitable question. what do you do with the pics? However, I may change my mind and carry the hassy free-hand with the neck strap :0 eight-one-four-five-six-six-four-six-one-eight

dorothy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Chris, Thanks for offering the Sinar bits. I donít know if anyone else here has one. Mine is an 8x10 and has spent much of its life here as a very expensive paper towel rack. I had bought it to expand on the 4x5 macro work I did for two series. Perhaps the next cold winter we have that will become attractive again.

Peter, Thanks for posting work from the Flats. That area has given both of us many photographic subjects for at least a year. If any of you havenít been there it is at least worth a look. It has changed every week we have gone there and been a great subject source.

Lee & Jeff, As I encountered, Hale Farm is not very tripod friendly. The only person I know who has gotten around this is Robert Pucket, who has shot 8x10 wet plate, essentially period one off portraits of the costumed actors in each building. He becomes part of the period show and canít reprint his images. Good luck with your efforts.

I asked for myself in 2008-9 when I had my 15 month, 30 image, 7x17 show at the parent museum, Western Reserve Historical Society. They had no interest in my continuing at Hale even though they liked and paid for the canal pictures.

Dorothy, You are welcome to come, with or without work. Next time though we want to see the gum bichromate experiments. I havenít heard anything from Dan and Silke. Jeff, have you heard anything? They are always fun and welcome.

I have two UV light source boxes. 11x14 from Bostick & Sullivan http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/cart...&cat=17&page=1
    and an Ameragraph V28 1200 watt mercury vapor plate burner. I donít remember which I showed you, but I will be happy to show what I have.

Looking forward to the weekend and our enjoyable visitors. You all come. I have grass to mow, a porta potty to order and doggies to pickup from the Labrador sitter.

John
    I think you probably showed me both, but it will be good to see them again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Eva & I will be there for dinner.
    as in "like"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    I've done my re-enactments a few years ago. It was fun then, using 35mm but the tourists & their children are a pain. It's a difficult thing unless you can corner someone into a portrait when no one is around to stare and ask silly questions.... imho and then, there's the inevitable question. what do you do with the pics? However, I may change my mind and carry the hassy free-hand with the neck strap :0 eight-one-four-five-six-six-four-six-one-eight

dorothy
    oops! four-six-six-eight!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Spangenberg View Post
    I'll be there by 8 Mat! Jeff and Eva. I think they open at 7:30.
    We'll meet you there around 8am then. Any particular place we're meeting? Should we exchange phone #s?
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin