Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,052   Online: 1115

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8121314151617181920 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    My favorite! Excellent!
    +1

I'll be living vicariously through the threads of these meetups for a couple of years. So keep posting the great shots! When I'm back, I'd love to see these in person.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've printed a few from our outing. They are scans from RC prints. The slab sculpture is a Holga shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sculpture.jpg   Art Museum.jpg   Sick.jpg   Sunburst.jpg   Tears.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mfohl View Post
    I've printed a few from our outing. They are scans from RC prints. The slab sculpture is a Holga shot.
    The holga was a great choice for the slab sculpture. It really does interesting things with the horizontal lines as they near the edges.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mfohl View Post
    Those look really great. Thank you for posting. You really got around that weekend.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I received a postcard announcing there is a Photorama swap event, Sunday, Sept. 1, Cleveland-Richfield Days Inn, 4742 Brecksville Rd. Richfield, about half a mile south of the OH Turnpike entrance. This is right across the street from where we had Sunday breakfast. No fee is shown on the post card, but it is usually $5 or $2 with student ID.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Darn it. I have to go to a Birthday party that day near Pittsburgh or I'd be there for sure...

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What sort of things does one usually find at a Photrama swap meet? The South Bend-Mishawaka-Elkhart area hasn't had a photo swap meet for over a decade now.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    What sort of things does one usually find at a Photrama swap meet? The South Bend-Mishawaka-Elkhart area hasn't had a photo swap meet for over a decade now.

Mike
    One person’s perspective: Others please give your view.

This show has gotten a lot smaller over the years, but we would love to have you visit. Usually there is a heavy concentration of 35mm gear from the 50s through the 80s and more recent digital. There will be some tables with medium format, some 4x5 stuff and occasionally some antique cameras of all formats. I used to go for one vendor who always brought four cartons of books at reasonable prices. He no longer comes. Others in this group have had more success than I, so please comment.

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Darn! I'll be out of town. Over the years, I have gotten NOS 5x7 holders, rh designs darkroom timer, lightware bag, zone VI brilliant paper and other odds and ends. Last time, a guy had a bunch of Canon promotional stuff and I ended up with several new lens cleaning cloths, lens wraps and a golf umbrella. I have found that if I'm looking for something in particular, I never find it. Also, lots of filters and lens caps. As John mentioned, it's getting smaller.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    I received a postcard announcing there is a Photorama swap event, Sunday, Sept. 1, Cleveland-Richfield Days Inn, 4742 Brecksville Rd. Richfield, about half a mile south of the OH Turnpike entrance. This is right across the street from where we had Sunday breakfast. No fee is shown on the post card, but it is usually $5 or $2 with student ID.

John
    rRi
    I just read that there will be another photorama on Dec 1 at the Cleveland-Richfield hotel. Any thoughts on this? Anyone know who the good vendors are? Collectors? Anyone going?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin