Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,713   Online: 810

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Which 150mm is it? The polaroid Copals came in a size 0 & size 1 variety. If we know which lens we might be able to determine what size it is.

John, you have a lens spanner, right?

It's a Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 150/ F4.5 in a Synchro-Compur stuck in some kind of Polaroid copy camera mount.

I'll get digital images tomorrow.
    Tri-X in HC-110 forever.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    John, you have a lens spanner, right?
    I have the Rodenstock flat cutout of stainless steel spanner, the Grimes slot (like a standard screwdriver) and the Grimes pointed one.

I don't know if there are other styles.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 07-29-2013 at 08:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No photography to speak of on my end recently. We've been doing a major house cleanout, and that's still ongoing. David has his cameras, but I'm not sure how much he's used them. I'll have a chance to ask him in about 10 days. He'll probably be arriving home about the end of next week. His emails aren't effusive, and I try not to annoy him. When he was 4 years old and his mom was asking him annoying questions about what he'd done during the day while she was at work, he realized what she was getting at and said, "I guess you can't live my life, can you?"

I did get a DSLR on a good sale, hoping to get back to some plans for a portrait business I had to abandon for family health reasons about 6 years ago now. The analog lab portion of that planned workflow has since shut down.

As things have developed the last few days, there may be some medical appointments over the weekend of the 9-11th that I have to take part in. The timing is out of my hands and we have to take the first available opening as it comes up.

Life in the slow lane.

BTW, there's a philosophy prof a few houses down the street who has an African Gray, maybe 15 years old or so. Don't know if he takes boarders.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Lee,

Glad you plan on coming. Looking forward to more family details as they happen. Any photography in all of this?

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Friends -

I plan on attending on Saturday. I haven't taken many photos lately other than some snapshots from the trip to Ireland last month. I promise I won't bring all of them!

see you next weekend, Jeff

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by htimsdj View Post
    Hello Friends -

I plan on attending on Saturday. I haven't taken many photos lately other than some snapshots from the trip to Ireland last month. I promise I won't bring all of them!

see you next weekend, Jeff
    Glad you are coming. Could the trip have been a honeymoon? If so Congratulations. We all hope it was and will be wonderful.

John, taking the liberty to speak for all of us.
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like Sue will stay back with Harvey the Parrot. I am looking forward to being there.
    Just ordered my advance ticket from Hale Farm to stop in and see the Civil War Reenactment. Ticket was $ 10.00 and appears they want $8.00 a car for parking. Anyone interested in going there for a while on Saturday (car pool)

John did you once say that they were real adverse to tripods there at Hale Farm?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Looks like Sue will stay back with Harvey the Parrot. I am looking forward to being there.
    Just ordered my advance ticket from Hale Farm to stop in and see the Civil War Reenactment. Ticket was $ 10.00 and appears they want $8.00 a car for parking. Anyone interested in going there for a while on Saturday (car pool)

John did you once say that they were real adverse to tripods there at Hale Farm?
    Lee,
    Sorry Sue will not be coming. Sorry the dogs and bird would have a compatibility problem. Thanks for mentioning the Hale Farm reenactment event. I had completely forgotten.

Here is a link to the page on Hale’s reenactment site.
    http://www.wrhs.org/calendar/Camp_Hale_Civil_War?A=

Here is the address for GPS users
    2686 Oak Hill Rd Bath, OH 44210

In the past they have not allowed tripods. Their logic was that using a tripod made you a pro (sic), who would make money from his shots (sic). They wanted to make the money.

My suggestion is to call them and make your best personal pitch. Maybe they allow them for special events. Maybe each person you talk to will give you a diiferent answer. There has been quite a change of management and an influx of money, so who knows. Give it your best shot. (330) 666-3711

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I was just talking to Peter, asking if he would post some of the 8x10s he has taken down in the Flats. He says he will and mentioned his new interest. He has collected a few Carlton Watkins stereo photos from the 1800s. He says he will bring them, but he doesn’t have a viewer. Does anyone have a stereo viewer they could bring for some gentle Show & Tell?

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He has collected a few Carlton Watkins stereo photos from the 1800s. He says he will bring them, but he doesn’t have a viewer. Does anyone have a stereo viewer they could bring for some gentle Show & Tell?

John
    I don't have a stereo viewer but I can bring my "Queen" records and a home-made guitar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have something that might work http://www.berezin.com/3d/cardview.htm , but it's increasingly likely that I won't make it. I'll see what I can do.

Lee

I was just talking to Peter, asking if he would post some of the 8x10s he has taken down in the Flats. He says he will and mentioned his new interest. He has collected a few Carlton Watkins stereo photos from the 1800s. He says he will bring them, but he doesn’t have a viewer. Does anyone have a stereo viewer they could bring for some gentle Show & Tell?

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin