Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,984   Online: 850

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Signed up! Also the google map is fantastic! Looking forward to getting back!

I got a whole unopened box of Type 59 Polaroid earmarked for Photostock 2014!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Holly Roberts @ #photostock2014

More cool Photostock news...

I'm thrilled to announce that Holly Roberts is going to be joining us this summer! Not only for a talk and presentation, but also for a 4 day workshop. I always like to shake things up a bit and I think Holly is going to add greatly to the spirit and help further expand our view on what can be done with the photograph.

For those that aren't familiar with her, Holly's work is known around the world. She has been exhibited far and wide and has work in the permanent collections of Art Institute of Chicago; the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art among others. She is represented by several well respected galleries, including Catherine Edelman in Chicago. She also has two, beautiful books to date, both on the prestigious, Nazraeli Press publishing imprint.

www.hollyrobertsstudio.com

I've been a fan of Holly's work for some time now and it is going to be an honor having her join all the great people of Photostock.

There will be more announced zoo, so stay tuned by getting on the mailing list for this year at www.photostockfest.com

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Vacation request is approved Now to book up that hotel room!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill,
    how far is the nearest campground?
    thanks,
    Kenny
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyMark View Post
    Bill,
    thanks,
    Kenny
    Nearest camp ground is the Petoskey State Park, about 9 miles/15 minutes from the Birchwood.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    Nearest camp ground is the Petoskey State Park, about 9 miles/15 minutes from the Birchwood.
    Isn't the whole place a campground? Why aren't there camp sites on the property? Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Registered a while back and, over the weekend, reserved a room at the Birchwood. At this point my wife, Coleen, says she'll be joining me but that just might be the winter doldrums talking. Either way is a-okay with me. : )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyMark View Post
    Bill,
    thanks,
    Kenny
    Hi Kenny,
    Sorry to be slow. As others have pointed out, the State Park is the closest camping. It'd be great if they'd allow it on the hotel site, but it's against their zoning (I looked into this).

The Photostock Website has links to the State Park and other options for lodging. Here's the link to that page as well as a direct link to Petoskey State Park reservations.

Photostock Lodging

Petoskey State Park

Hope to see you there!

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill, where's the nearest good International Airport and are there good public transport links to Photostock, I'm assuming Toronto or Ohio ?

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Early Registration Opens March 15th!

I'm happy to say that it is starting to melt in the northland. It's a slow go so far, but it looks as if the back of winter has been broken and spring is on the way. It's been such a brutal winter and it was looking dicey there for awhile. Like spring would never come! I was at the workshop last week and it was pretty well buried with about 3 feet of snow on the roof! (see photo below) Needless to say that not much work went on in the place since December, but as soon as the road is open, we'll be getting back to work.

For those of you already on the list, there will soon be a newsletter announcing the opening of early registration. As most of you know, there will be a relatively small registration fee this year and it will be even more reasonable throughout the early registration period. If planning to come, definitely sign up early and save. If you're not on the list, you can still get there by signing up at the Photostock Website.

I'm excited to announce that we've got some pretty cool people joining us as featured guests and workshop instructors this year, all from wide and varied backgrounds and approaches. It's good to see work of all different types and this year will be no different. From Holly Roberts and her exciting photography and abstract painting mash up to Ryan Zoghlin and his modern orotones and liquid emulsions, there will be some very interesting things to see and people to meet. You can see more of the guests listed at the website and there will soon be dedicated pages to each guest where you can see samples of their work.

Please keep an eye on the website as there will be more added over the theft few days. You can already use it to help answer any questions you might have. There are links to lodging as well as a link to an interactive, Google map that has been created to help you find the place and get you around.

Early registration begins March 15th! Hope to see you there!

Thanks! Bill

Photostock2014
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails february_2014.jpg  

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin