Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,476   Posts: 1,570,999   Online: 900

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Bill, where's the nearest good International Airport and are there good public transport links to Photostock, I'm assuming Toronto or Ohio ?
    Hi Ian, Most people that fly here come directly to Pellston Regional Airport which is very close. Only about 12 miles from the hotel, 8 from the workshop. It connects internationally to Detroit and coming all the way via local connection does not add much to your ticket. The Airport code is PLN and should be easy for you to book.

There is also Traverse City, Cherry Capital Airport which may be cheaper, but it is 80 miles away and would require a rental or arrangement of other transport. The airport code there is, TVC.

There is more on getting to the event at the "Getting Here" page in the website.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by bill schwab; 03-10-2014 at 09:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Bill, where's the nearest good International Airport and are there good public transport links to Photostock, I'm assuming Toronto or Ohio ?

Ian
    Ian, I hope you can come to Photostock. It would be really great to meet you..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Ian, I hope you can come to Photostock. It would be really great to meet you..Evan Clarke
    Needs some thought Evan, I'd like to attend but I'll also be visiting Turkey either just before or after if I do and flights aren't cheap

Thanls Bill, I'm giving it some serious thought.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanls Bill, I'm giving it some serious thought.
    It'd be great to meet you, Ian! I understand about cost too...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Room is Booked! I'm really looking forward to this!

I also don't think they have many rooms left at this point.
    Last edited by Axle; 03-14-2014 at 10:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pre-registered, registered, room booked and vacation time scheduled!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Registered last night!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me three. I registered this morning, and the room is already booked. I'm excited.
    It takes a big dog to weigh a ton.

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello!

Registrations for this year's Photostock are now open! What a terrific response so far! This is really shaping up to be a great year and I have to thank everyone that has signed up already.

www.photostock2014.com - www.photostockfest.com

As mentioned in the newsletters, there is a special, early registration fee until May 1st, so I hope all that are thinking of coming will save some money and register before then.

I also hope you'll consider one of the workshops being offered. All workshop fees include your general registration, so if anyone that has already signed up wants to add a shop, your initial registration fee will be refunded. All workshops include the registration.

For workshops, we have the fantastic, Holly Roberts coming from New Mexico to teach an intensive, four-day class in photographic mixed media. Many of you will know of Holly's work with abstract painting and photography. This will be a great workshop for breaking out your inner creativity. Holly is world renowned and this is a unique opportunity to work with her in the north woods of Michigan this summer.

Holly Roberts Workshop - June 16-19

I'm also very pleased to announce that Eliot Dudik and Meg Griffiths will be coming from North Carolina and doing a workshop in Cyanotype Bookmaking this year. This will be a lot of fun for the more budget minded workshop attendees. A two-day workshop where you will be making cyanotype photograms and learning to bind them into a hand made, hard cover book. You'll not only have fun printing in a fun process, but you'll learn the basics of bookmaking that you can carry on to other projects.

Cyanotype Bookmaking with Eliot Dudik and Meg Griffiths - June 20-21

I hope you'll have a look and give them consideration, but most of all, I hope you can join us this June!

Best, Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Registered, reserved and excited to go, this is my third time trying to get there…. Third time is a charm right?

Shooting locations are on my mind while up there.
    Since most of my favorite photographers are nomads (me, myself and I) I tend to roam and look for locations like farms, coast lines, cliffs, and rusting civilization. I really challenge myself when it comes to people photos. I am good with portraits and even environmental portraits but I am wondering if others who have visited the area before share some of their fine locations to shoot.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin