Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,505   Posts: 1,543,475   Online: 985

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey all you Ohio (and nearby) folks, check this out: http://vivianmaierprints.com/exhibit...-cleveland-oh/. Vivian did some marvelous street photography, but she kept It all to herself

I'll be checking this out on a separate visit, not our January get-together.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will try...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking forward to exploring the Cleveland area with you all in January, and yet more importantly My wife Sue and I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and the best of everything in 2014. We have many things on our plates, but we have a great deal to be grateful for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoTsx6kAPYc

And now for something completely different.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-uNQ2oQACk
    Last edited by daleeman; 12-23-2013 at 06:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you, Lee. Merry Christmas yourself and to everyone else in the.... 'John Powers Ohio Film Photographers Extraordinaire Society'!?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Thank you, Lee. Merry Christmas yourself and to everyone else in the.... 'John Powers Ohio Film Photographers Extraordinaire Society'!?
    Love it.
    We need T shirts like that.
    Merry Christmas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Love it.
    We need T shirts like that.
    Yeah we do!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fairview Photo Services info

My son ran two rolls of E-6 through Fairview Photo Services last week. They came out clean and well mounted.

Their hours are 10am-6pm M-F, closed weekends. They said they currently run B&W, C-41, and E-6 on Wed, Thu, Fri. We dropped on a Friday morning and picked up on a Monday afternoon, although the slides were not mounted until a bit before 4pm Monday.

The person I talked to didn't know which B&W chems were in use, but thought they might be Ilford.

The place is a little hard to spot as the signs are in the windows slanted west, and it's on the north side of the road. The signs for Quantum Graphics in the same building are easier to spot coming from the east.

http://www.fairviewphoto.net/ has contact info and a price list. Google Maps has a good street view of the building facade from several angles.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, that's the place I mentioned. I think he uses a Phototherm. They do a very good job. You can see on the website they will also push and pull; even C-41. They are very friendly and accommodating.

The way I find them is to know which side of the road is North - they are on the North side. Now, if I'm approaching from the West (heading East), they are just beyond the Burger King. It is on the corner of W227th. Pass Burger King and 227th and it's the fourth building on the North side. If you reach a small plaza on the North, you've gone too far.
    If I'm moving East to West I watch for the plaza, and if I pass the Burger King, I know I missed them.

You can park on the street. There are also two parking spaces between the street and sidewalk. However, the little "alleyway" along side the building will take you to a small parking lot. You have to walk around to the front to enter, though.

I dropped off some old negatives for scanning & printing last Thursday, and they will probably be ready tomorrow. Just old negatives that I'd lost the prints of, or a drugstore minilab screwed up.

Here is a Google Maps link (and it is accurate):
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=22650...h&z=19&iwloc=A
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy New Year Everone.
    Sue and I are getting excited. We were out in the not so cold Dayton weather talking about how good it will be to see everyone up Cleveland way.
    We hope 2014 brings great things to all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has anyone attempted a schedule of activities? I want to decide whether I should do two nights in Cleveland, or just drive up on Saturday morning and spend only one night.

Thanks in advance,

-- Mark

PS - based on the weather we're predicted to have in Columbus this week, namely sub-zero morning temperatures, maybe I should wait for a weather forecast closer to the 17th

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin