Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,241   Online: 771

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Count me in! I'll be arriving on Friday evening. Weather providing, I'll be camping.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    And a very impressive camp it will be judging by your last visit. Glad to hear you are coming. Bring prints to show.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    And a very impressive camp it will be judging by your last visit. Glad to hear you are coming. Bring prints to show.

John
    HaHa! Yes, I do know how to setup a nice base camp! Yep, I've been in the darkroom printing like a madman during these cold snowbound days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hope to make it. Doubt I will pry Sue away from Spring Birding. I'll be watching the weather and possibly camping. We got ourselves a new tent, although the warmth of a hotel shower is always a plus.
    Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After the snow today this is sounding like a dream! Hopefully everyone is getting through this winter unscathed. I'll officially be living in the Vandergrift / Leechburg area in March so it will be a longer drive but Lynn and I will certainly try to make it anyway.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    After the snow today this is sounding like a dream! Hopefully everyone is getting through this winter unscathed. I'll officially be living in the Vandergrift / Leechburg area in March so it will be a longer drive but Lynn and I will certainly try to make it anyway.
    Congratulations on the new digs. Hope you both will make it here.

Weather.com says we got 4.4 inches overnight and can expect another 1" today. We have 12-18 inches on the ground. The girls have a blast in it, Cindy especially. She dives in like a submarine and comes up about ten feet further on with a very happy look about her.

I read that 88% of the Great Lakes are frozen and that Lake Erie is almost completely so. This is a 20 year high. Ship traffic in the Flats has stopped. I have read it will mean higher water levels in the summer. I am trying to sort out how this be a factor in our lives. Our boat is tied to a fixed dock in Huron, so it will be easier for old folks to get in and out. The last two years they have had to dredge the river by the marina, so no more sucking up mud into the cooling system. I am not sure what it will mean for construction in the Flats. It certainly will affect the shore birds that Lee L and Sue G love.

Looking forward to seeing you both and your work.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Correction. Just after the last post the man with the 4x4 truck plow came, did our drive and the ¼ mile down to my mother-in-law's house. I went out to clean off our cars and found 8-10 inches on them. Cindy will be very happy.

Thursday it is supposed to be 47 degrees and raining. That should be a real mess. I think I will get the rowing dingy out of the barn.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    At the Akron Art Museum

Film Screening: The Vivian Maier Mystery
    February 20, 2014, 6:30 pm
    Runtime: 50 minutes
    Free Admission

The late street photographer Vivian Maier is the shutterbug of the moment. Born in New York in 1926, raised in France, and living and working as a nanny in Chicago for 40 years, the reclusive Maier was secretly a prolific, self-taught photographer who documented life in the Windy City for decades. But her thousands of stunning pictures were never shown during her lifetime and, in fact, were only discovered after her 2009 death. A selection of Maier’s work will be seen in the show “Vivian Maier: Out of the Shadows,” 1/10-2/23 at the Cleveland Print Room http://clevelandprintroom.com/ and her work is currently featured in the Akron Art Museum’s Fred and Laura Ruth Bidwell Gallery.

This screening is sponsored by Herb Ascherman.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    In answer to a few off line questions.

Please bring your owns drink, hard or soft.

Since people usually arrive at different times on Friday we will probably order pizza in. We have had good luck with Teressa’s Pizza 4174 Wheatly Rd. Richfield, OH – tel: 330-659-9555. Friday nights they usually take 15-20 minutes. Anyone coming from North or the OH Turnpike has to drive by them to get to the house. Call ahead and pickup as you go by.

Keep in the back of your mind that if you need a darkroom for all the usual reasons, mine is available.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    We have had good luck with Teressa’s Pizza 4174 Wheatly Rd. Richfield, OH – tel: 330-659-9555. Friday nights they usually take 15-20 minutes. Anyone coming from North or the OH Turnpike has to drive by them to get to the house. Call ahead and pickup as you go by.
    Actually that's my plan! I aim to be there around 8:00-8:30pm on the Friday.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin