Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,761   Online: 969

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    I hope you will meet Shawn and Lynn while you are here. They have come to several of these events over the years. It is not a normal event unless they or his employer change their plans at least four times. We are happy they and you come and we just ride out the storm.

John
    I heard that!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I heard that!
    Shawn,

One of the endearing things about you two. We never know if you are coming, but it is great fun when you do. By the way, you are as usual welcome to camp, but it looks like "under my desk" is taken if we have bad weather.

Hey, how about posting some of your pics from the ledges? That has been really great stuff. It is one of the attractions here and I don't have any of my own to post. You youngsters can get around with a 4x5 a whole lot easier than and old guy with a 7x17.

Thanks,

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately it's looking like we aren't going to be able to make it. As we discussed I moved down to the Leechburg area in March and am still getting settled. It's possible we'll make it but unlikely at this point. If you have more than one I'll do my best to come over. We took a trip to the Everglades and Big Cypress right after I moved so I've got TONS of negatives to print in the meantime.

I'll see if I can dig up some ledges pictures to post. =)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Shawn,

Of course I am disappointed. Boo.

You two are always welcome, whether a gathering or just to visit.
    If things change, come on over.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi guys! I'm finally getting "me time"!
    Yes it’s been crazy! Nurse ‘Ratched” is what I’m called. Ron had a total hip replacement and has been on his back since the 14th of April. For a while he was on 12 medications per day, and one of them caused hives, so it was a major panic attack for about a week and a half. We’re finally getting things under control. In between feeding him the meds and installing a new shower head for the patient, I learned to use a riding mower (the day before surgery), learned to start the air compressor in the garage (the one he uses to weld) to fill the tires, dig out the cistern for the spring for our water supply because the pump wouldn’t work and mud was coming into the water supply with the new pump and it goes on and on….. and I made him get a new pump lol. I learned to operate a blood pressure machine and discovered my blood pressure went from 120 to 160, buy a vacuum cleaner that actually works (refurbished of course) lose 5 pounds and have only one melt down…. Other than that, I am in two shows. One of them is called “The Art of Paper”. A show exhibiting paper as the medium, so Ron made me make a collage. He says ‘just cut some paper up and glue it together and add some paint’ so I did and it took all weekend. But I did it – after Picasso. The other show was The Art of the Machine. I did a lith print of an old fuse box with gears and another doll hanging on to them (or letting go?) Then, I was playing around/experimenting with an old apple corer and did some digital closeups – I originally intended to practice digitally and then shoot later with film. Well, ‘later’ never came and they needed more work to fill the gallery so at the last minute I had the images printed up. My first digital submission. I only did it because I ran out of time. Go figure! We also raked all the leaves the day before surgery  and painted my new studio space/darkroom. So it’s been kinda crazy, but we’re over the rough spots and I’m having a blast taking care of him – actually enjoying it! Must be a control thing ;0 Thursday it’s back to work, Friday another follow up doctor appt, then back to work for a week and then I’m off again. I’m only working the first 10 days of the month now which is perfect for the time being… another long story.

So that’s my story  I’ll be able to have a better idea of what’s going on around the middle of May, so as soon as I feel comfortable leaving Ron for more than a few hours, I’ll fell better.
    Thanks John for thinking of me. I did get a new-to-me camera… an M6  but haven’t used it much yet – and a new car! An Element!
    To make a long story short……………..
    Cheers! Dorothy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dorothy,

Holy Cow!!!! What you two have been through. Congratulations Dorothy. You have really shined. You, of so little confidence, have taken on the world and won. Good for you. How many times have I told you how creative I thought you were? Dolly & I are really proud of you.

Now to keep Ron healthy enough so you can come over here for the gathering. Tell us more about the pictures in the two shows and about the shows.

M6 and a new car. You are stepping up in the world. I’m really looking forward to seeing new work.

CONGRATULATIONS DOROTHY.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey John & Dolly and all

Dad is back in the hospital in Florida with Congestive Heart Failure and his Kindeys are infected. Docs had to put drainage tubes in each Kidney ASAP. So I do not know how this will all play out. Asking for prayers for him and hopefully not a pass on this month's gathering.

Sue and I just got our Delorme map of Michigan for Photostock. If you never had one of these maps your missing out on every great back road in a state. You never have to reboot it and works without WIFI. http://www.amazon.com/Michigan-Gazet...33354/ref=pd_1

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Lee,

You certainly have our prayers. Hope you can make it here, but will certainly understand if you can't.

I'll have a look at the map. Thank you.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Hey John & Dolly and all

Dad is back in the hospital in Florida with Congestive Heart Failure and his Kindeys are infected. Docs had to put drainage tubes in each Kidney ASAP. So I do not know how this will all play out. Asking for prayers for him and hopefully not a pass on this month's gathering.

Sue and I just got our Delorme map of Michigan for Photostock. If you never had one of these maps your missing out on every great back road in a state. You never have to reboot it and works without WIFI. http://www.amazon.com/Michigan-Gazet...33354/ref=pd_1

Lee
    So sorry to hear about your dad. prayers your way...

the map of Michigan is the one i was looking for last year. glad to hear there is one available. don't know if i can make it yet. depends on the patient

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    So sorry to hear about your dad. prayers your way...

the map of Michigan is the one i was looking for last year. glad to hear there is one available. don't know if i can make it yet. depends on the patient
    Sounds like you are holding down the fort. Hope you get to go... keep the chicken soup flowing.
    This map is a very useful resource. Sue has one for Ohio and we have navigated to some amazing places with it and found some roads on it too.

Thanks for the prayers. Dad should step down from the ICU today we hope.

Lee

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin