Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,757   Posts: 1,670,766   Online: 745

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey! We're only two weeks away! Super Excited here!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're not the first person to suggest wrapping a dark cloth around my head. I'm not afraid of storms, just don't like being told I don't know when to come in out of the rain.

Mr. T has accepted my offer of a ride so he'll be coming along as well. He'll be staying at a local motel he says.

Pete

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete m View Post
    You're not the first person to suggest wrapping a dark cloth around my head. I'm not afraid of storms, just don't like being told I don't know when to come in out of the rain.

Mr. T has accepted my offer of a ride so he'll be coming along as well. He'll be staying at a local motel he says.

Pete
    Pete,

Good news.

Thinking of others that forget to come in out of the rain, we have a lot of turkeys in the area. You may want to bring cranberry sauce. I have 40 year old shells you can use and a cast iron smoker grill my father used to do lobsters on in MA.

One day I was down in the darkroom working. When I came up, Dolly said I had missed a family of twelve turkeys, males, females and babies walking right by the window in the thirty feet between house and pond.

I’ll have to write Mr. T and remind him to bring the Karsh book of portraits I loaned him. Happy you are all coming.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John,

Will be sure to bring the book and looking forward to the outing. I will probably get a room at the Super 8, or the one across the street, cannot remember the name, perhaps you could refresh my memory ?

Looking forward to the week-end.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jim,

Looking forward to having you here. Please bring prints to show. I always look forward to seeing your work at the MWLFA annual print review.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Folks, after establishing that the grandkids' birthday party is on the 10th, I plan on coming on the weekend of the 16th. Will do Friday and Saturday for sure, but not sure about Sunday. What's going on besides the normal breakfast?

And Jim T, I think the Motel 6 is across the street from the Super 8. I stayed in the Motel 6 last year. Not great, but clean enough and good enough for just crashing after a busy day.

Later on I'll post a list of things I have to give or sell, along with things that I need and some of you may have.

Cheers,

-- Mark
    It takes a big dog to weigh a ton.

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks for coming Mark. Also bring prints to show please.

Possibly a good time to remind people that the ¼ly swap meet will be at the hotel across the street from breakfast on Sunday.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sunday May 18th, 2014
CLEVELAND-RICHFIELD DAYS INN

Breckville Rd., Richfield, Oh
    Route 80 tpke exit 173, south on rte 21 1/4 mile to hotel.
    Route 77 north, use Exit 145 on rte 21 1/4 mile to hotel.

Admission $6/5 With Ad Students $2.00 w/ID
    6 Ft tables $75ea 
OPEN TO PUBLIC 10-3pm For Info:248-252-8934
To be added to our E-Mail List: Sign In on photorma.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Folks, here are two images I took at the Heritage Museum last year. That place is a camera clubber's dream with all the old buildings and equipment! Good Rich is a Mamiya C220, and Pump is a Holga.

Does anybody plan to go shooting on Sunday morning this year? I mean, not go to the swap meet? I don't trust myself in places like that, and I have more than enough junk at home

Tnx,

-- Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Good Rich APUG.jpg   Pump.jpg  
    It takes a big dog to weigh a ton.

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mark,

Great pictures. Thanks for posting. You and others might like this article in the Richfield Times about Jim Fry’s Ohio Farm Museum. They have a pdf on their website of the whole issue. Just scroll through to page 36. The article is titled,

“Self-made curator turns farmland into a historical village, plans to move more buildings in 2014 “
    http://scriptype.com/uploaded/docs/5...84e5_R0514.pdf

That might be a good place to go shoot on Sunday after breakfast.

Speaking of Sunday breakfast, I read that the Richfield Family Restaurant has closed. Stay turned for an alternate breakfast spot. I guess Dolly and I will have to go out and test a few.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin