Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,216   Online: 787

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi John - sorry for the late reply. I'll be there tonight, but my pizza may look like a Subway sandwich :-).

Jeff

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by htimsdj View Post
    Hi John - sorry for the late reply. I'll be there tonight, but my pizza may look like a Subway sandwich :-).

Jeff
    Jeff,

Pizzas in disguise and their operators are most welcome . See you tonight.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Pete and Susan M are planning to be here tonight. I think they are already on the road.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sorry guys, but I've had an unexpected kink in my schedule, and, regrettably (for me at least) I won't be able to join the group as I had originally planned. So sorry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sitting at the Tampa Airport thinking about you all gathering for breakfast. Hope you all had an outstanding weekend.
    Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    sorry i missed you guys, i made 12 prints this weekend. funny thing though, i now have ventilation and my lungs feel worse than they did without. go figure!
    I coulda used some expertise too. trying to print some pyro negs on grade 2 paper and don't know how to get more contrast. in the future... going to use rodinal! so i ended up switching to fomatone 132 instead

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Again huge thanks to John, Dolly, and the Dogs for again being wonderful hosts!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    First Handful...rest are on tap to be developed this week.

The 4x5 work on Sunday.

The tug boats under less than ideal conditions but I really like how they turned out all the same. This shot is part of my ongoing 52-sheet project

I thought I had only got the one bridge...but turns out got two! Again a favourite of mine from the trip

I count three bridges in this, and I'm really digging the grunge look here, the joys of slightly fogged and light-leaked expired old stock Tri-X

The coast guard station, again grungy, same film stock as the previous one. Both developed in 1+2 Xtol, a roll film formula, I don't personally see anything really special.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    sorry i missed you guys, i made 12 prints this weekend. funny thing though, i now have ventilation and my lungs feel worse than they did without. go figure!
    I coulda used some expertise too. trying to print some pyro negs on grade 2 paper and don't know how to get more contrast. in the future... going to use rodinal! so i ended up switching to fomatone 132 instead
    We missed you too Dorothy. Glad the weekend was productive.

One reason you might not feel good in your new darkroom is that the ventilation is not supposed to be passive or counting on the waste pipe to suck out the fumes. Kodak put out a book many years ago on how to build a darkroom. In it there was a section on ventilation. Kodak said that you should use fans to suck the air out. I use inline fans in the rafters that exit outside. These fans should at least change the air, the total cubic feet of the room, six times each hour. That is for normal Kodak chemicals, not the heavy duty stuff you have been using.

You can't create a vacuum, so air must come into the room to replace what is sucked out. You need to filter out dust. I use a furnace filter and an intake fan. You need to block light with a baffle that won't stop the air flow.

One common mistake is to put the exhaust fan in the ceiling over the sink so that the fumes come up from the trays, pass your nose and out the ceiling. The exhaust should be on the opposite side of the sink from you.

Hope this helps. I look forward to seeing your work again soon.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Alex,

Looking good and interesting. Thanks for posting. Any time you want to come back and shoot let me know. You are welcome to camp here and we can take on the Flats together.

John

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin