Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,648   Online: 799

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePhoto
    ... Between the Great Lakes themselves, UP waterfalls, Indiana farms, the urban landscapes of Detroit, Chicago, and Cleveland; there are great photographs to be made here.
    Well that's because THIS is the 'chosen land'! haha

Well, that would be very cool! I spend much time in the 3-state area of WI, IN & MI; living in WI, with family in the other two.

Hubby & I are going up to the UP on Monday for nine days as a matter of fact! We'll be stopping in Marinette county (WI) to shoot some falls, then work our across '2' then up to the Soo to see his family. Over to the Two Hearted River, then on to more falls in Munising before going back home. Ahhh... ain't life grand???
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm in Kalamazoo and would be interested in meeting folks.

To the LF folks in the region there is also the Midwest Large Format Asylum which is an informal group that has held outings in the Chicago area, Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan. The group has an outing planned in mid-September to see an Edward Weston (at least I believe it is EW) exhibit in Indianapolis. Members are also from Minnesota and Ohio although I don't think any trips have been held in those states yet. They have a website (http://www.midwestlargeformat.com/) if anyone is interested in more info.

Joe

Gim

BWGirl
    At Pictured Rocks:
    If you don't mind a 11 mile hike, take the mosquito falls trail to Lake Superior, turn right, thru Grand Portal to Chapel Beach and back on the North side of the river to Chapel Falls. Great hike and you may even get a picture.
    jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up, Jim! I do not mind the hike... our dear old dog might not enjoy it much, but we'll wait & see how she's doing when we get there. She's a 14yr old dalmatian/blk. Lab mix (a b&w dog, of course)!

Joe... I'm in K-zoo a lot... I'll have to pm you sometime when I'm over there.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Well that's because THIS is the 'chosen land'! haha

Well, that would be very cool! I spend much time in the 3-state area of WI, IN & MI; living in WI, with family in the other two.

Hubby & I are going up to the UP on Monday for nine days as a matter of fact! We'll be stopping in Marinette county (WI) to shoot some falls, then work our across '2' then up to the Soo to see his family. Over to the Two Hearted River, then on to more falls in Munising before going back home. Ahhh... ain't life grand???
    Just outside of Munising on 94 i think it is, there is (are) the Wagner Falls. They are very nice and easy to get to. Climb over the rail and get into the river for the best shots.

Pete
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ok so there is some general interest. So how do we move forward and make something happen?

Pete
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would suspect that we propose a series of locations and times and see which combinations get the most action.

I would also recommend that we nominate Peter or DF to lead the charge on this.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gim
    BWGirl
    At Pictured Rocks:
    If you don't mind a 11 mile hike, take the mosquito falls trail to Lake Superior, turn right, thru Grand Portal to Chapel Beach and back on the North side of the river to Chapel Falls. Great hike and you may even get a picture.
    jim

This is a great hike and the lake is spectaculer..Evan Clarke

Gim

Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Thanks for the heads up, Jim! I do not mind the hike... our dear old dog might not enjoy it much, but we'll wait & see how she's doing when we get there. She's a 14yr old dalmatian/blk. Lab mix (a b&w dog, of course)!

Joe... I'm in K-zoo a lot... I'll have to pm you sometime when I'm over there.
    I don't think they allow dogs on most of the path. Only from the parking lot to chapel falls..."I think". It may be quite a walk for an old dog, its getting harder for me I notice.

If you don't have one, check the book store for "Michigan Atlas & Gazetteer". It has the state broke down and shows all the waterfalls in the state. There are a lot of them in the U.P.

I'm from Kazoo and live 50 miles north. If you get to kazoo, I'm good for coffee.

jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK ! So, how about it ?

Peter.... and all ...

Gotta start someplace. How about September 10, in Clare, Michigan ?

If we meet in the middle of the state a couple times this fall, we can meet.. then retreat during the winter. I think Ferndale, maybe a studio tour, would be good in, oh, November or December.

Don

see attached collodian image of the state of michigan for directions
    Last edited by df cardwell; 08-18-2005 at 11:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin