Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,297   Online: 909

View Poll Results: Which weekend might you be able to make?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 9 to 11, 2006

10 62.50%
  • June 23 to 25, 2006

10 62.50%
  • I can't make either weekend - Can we try another?

2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It was a beautimous sunny day in SW Michigan today so I took the darktent out again and tried some new wetplate chemistry. Everything worked surprisingly well today so I'm hoping that will continue on when the gathering happens in June. Hopefully all the bugs have been worked out.

Here's a quarter-plate positive wetplate collodion image today on enamaled aluminum. That is me in front of the darktent on location. Exposure was 1 second about f/8 with a Deardorff 5x7 and 180 Rodenstock lens. Looks like the fogging and contrast problems were resolved today.

I'm leaving midweek to attend a wetplate workshop in NY with John Coffer. Should be a very interesting time learning from the master.

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz
    I'm leaving midweek to attend a wetplate workshop in NY with John Coffer. Should be a very interesting time learning from the master.
    Nice portrait Joe!

I got a flyer on the Coffer workshop with an order from Artcraft. Looks like it will be a great time. Have fun at "Camp Tintype"! Please post afterward with a report.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Website Up - Northern Michigan Midwest APUG Gathering June 23-25, 2006

Hello All,

At last I have the Website up and running that will give information and RSVP details to those planning to attend this gathering near Cross Village, Michigan.

This LINK will take you to the Website. To be able to read the info package you will required to have Adobe Acrobat Reader.

I will also be PM-ing everyone who took the poll and expressed interest with this information.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Bill
    Last edited by billschwab; 05-22-2006 at 05:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Did I Say Bring Bug Spray?

Bring Bug Spray!

I just got back from shooting at the beach where I was nearly carried away by mosquitos. I was covered in Deet, but a few of the damn things got to me anyway. It is a very quiet night and the sound of them buzzing was pretty amazing.

Anyway... those of you coming do not forget the good stuff.. spray that is. Here at the house in the woods there is hardly a skeeter, but anywhere near the water and you will be food.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab
    Bring Bug Spray!

but anywhere near the water and you will be food.

Bill
    But only during prime shooting hours...

Bill,
    Looks like a fun time. Unfortunately, I find I have a conflict that weekend with a family function - would have loved to come. Have to catch up with you guys another time.

Have a great time - and post some snaps!

Regards,
    Bob

Hmmm....Legs Inn...SMACZNEGO!!!
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Last Minute Details

Hello All,

A few last minute things will be in the mail to all who have said they are coming. By now you should have all had directions either via online download or snail mail package. Anyone who still doesn't know where they are going, give me a PM and I will make sure you get the maps. More info can be found HERE. It looks as though there might be upwards of 12 of us planning to come. There may be a couple last minute folks as well. I'm trying to get my friend and dealer Tom Halsted to come along as well and bring a selection of his gallery's work. A few nice Westons, Evans', etc, might be inspirational. That is a slim chance, but he has expressed interest in coming and will do so if he can.

A couple of you have asked about a meeting time. Sorry... forgot that one. I'd say get there whenever you can. I will be there Thursday doing a few last minute things, so anyone arriving early should feel free to stop by. As for the rest, try to get there by Friday 7PM or so, otherwise we'll be at the beach or other shooting destinations for late light, sunset and twilight. On nights when I shoot I am usually back at the camp by 10 - 10:30PM. Keep in mind that we are almost at Solstice and it will be light past 10PM.

Those of you who plan to arrive on Saturday... anytime is good. I assume we'll be around camp in the late morning/early afternoon. I have dinner at the Legs Inn scheduled for those that want to attend at around 5PM so we can be done by the time of the good light. After shooting it will be back to the camp for a fire.

As I said earlier, I will be sending another email to all soon detailing any last minute things. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Still On!

Hello All,

I've had several last minute emails looking to see if the gathering is still on this weekend.

Yes... It is still on. Anyone that doesn't know where they're going let me know via PM.

See you there.

Bill

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm already on my way and within an hour of the place. I plan to be there Friday afternoon. Weather report looks excellent with sunny days in the mid-70s.

MJS don't forget the contraband...

Joe

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No fears, Joe. Found a beautiful albino but, alas, no leopard. Doesn't work without the leopard, so I guess it'll be just me. ;(

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Success! Thank you all for coming! It was a great weekend and I look forward to seeing everyone's photos from the gathering. Just Joe and I are left packing up the place. Back up to the campfire soon for more conversation... we miss you all already!

Thanks Again!

Bill

PS... There are a couple extra chairs at the fire pit, anyone missing theirs?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin