Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,456   Posts: 1,570,571   Online: 847

View Poll Results: Which weekend might you be able to make?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 9 to 11, 2006

10 62.50%
  • June 23 to 25, 2006

10 62.50%
  • I can't make either weekend - Can we try another?

2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Northern Michigan Gathering - June?

Hello All,

As was discussed earlier in another thread, I am hoping to have a group of midwesterners up to my place in northern Michigan for a gathering of the tribes so to speak. Spring is drawing near and Summer not far behind, so I thought it was time to start planning this thing. I've got 11 acres of woods near the big lake with a half finished house, plenty of camping space and hotels nearby. My favorite shooting place in the world, Sturgeon Bay, is close by as are miles more of Lake Michigan shoreline and other visual delights. Mackinaw Island is also very close and a great place to spend a day shooting if inclined. The Upper Peninsula is also just over the bridge. It will be an informal kind of a thing where I hope we can share stories, ideas and perhaps have a couple demos to share amongst us. Joe Smieglitz expressed interest in a wet plate demo if he can make it - I can have chems, paper and a plate burner for some fun with platinum and type 55 if interested. If anyone else has anything to show and tell, you are welcome. We can also just sit around the campfire with a favorite beverage in hand.

Here are the dates I am looking at... either the weekend of the 9th through 12th - or the one of the 23rd to 25th. We can go into July as well, but work will be ongoing at the house and it may be a bit more hectic. How about everyone interested letting me know if one, the other or both will work for you? You can also click on the poll so we can get a snapshot of when people can make it up. If you can make it either weekend, please choose both. Also let me know if you have a specialty you would like to share and we can work on making it possible with limited resources. We do have running water and such, but no darkroom as of yet... sorry.

FYI we are located about 20 miles north of Harbor Springs/Petoskey in Emmet County. If you know where Cross Village is... we are very near. The Mackinaw Bridge is about 15 miles to the northeast.

Hope this works!

Bill

Area Map (Zoom out to get the full picture)
    Last edited by bill schwab; 12-30-2007 at 05:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can do either weekend. Now that I live in western michigan....I have been chompin at the bit to get up that way.

John

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would be more than happy to contact the folks on the list and let them know about this, in the event they don't see this.

Other than that, count me in. Any place any time.

Pete
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to meet up, and the area sounds wonderful.

Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good timing..I am planning a road trip end of May heading north to Oregon then across to Michigan to visit family. Shooting along the way of course, but the 9-12th is right about when I plan on getting to the area. So count me in and keep me posted Bill. My family is in Muskegon/Spring Lake and I was going to head down through the upper peninsula. A few days up in your neck of the woods would be nice.

Matt
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blaze-on I have done the trip you are planing, but in reverse. It is an excellent drive -- eastern bits of Montana through the western bits of Minnesota can get a bit redundant though.

AS for the best dates for me -- I'm clueless. I 'll do my best to make any one that is chosen.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'd love to be able to come, but I'll have to find out just how managable for me that will be. it's quite a trip this Ontario boy, having to go all the way around the lake that way! (unless there is some way to go across the middle of lake MI without having to swim it lol)

Sounds like you've got a beautiful place there, and would be great for some landscape shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ontario CA? Go via Sault Saint Marie if your coming from Wisconsin take the Ludington Ferry.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    Ontario CA? Go via Sault Saint Marie if your coming from Wisconsin take the Ludington Ferry.
    Ontario, Canada. I'm damned near right in the center of the canadian side of lake Huron.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill, I voted but it doesn't really matter to me on either. How many s'mores ya think we're gonna need?

g

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin