Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,680   Online: 759

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Big Sale this Sunday in Toronto, Canada

Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Man, the Canuks are having all the fun this year!

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm
    That is very interesting. I think I will walk over and browse around if I find the time and energy. The price of admission is about..I am not an expert on exchange rates.. if I recall correctly $.52USD. I hope all attendees enjoy the event.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    I am not an expert on exchange rates.. if I recall correctly $.52USD
    Canadian dollar is now at .89 US. Better hurry as it will most likely be worth more than the US dollar soon at the rate this economy is going!

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab
    Canadian dollar is now at .89 US. Better hurry as it will most likely be worth more than the US dollar soon at the rate this economy is going!

Bill
    it's .90 US actually, a far cry from .52 cents .. although not good for business & tourism really.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab

Bill
    Well, I remember when the Canadian dollar (after being allowed to float in 1950 and after exchange controls were removed - 1951) was running at $1.02 - $1.06 US - hitting a high of $1.0614 on the 20th of August, 1957. On the 2nd of May 1962 the Canadian dollar was re-fixed at $0.925 US +/- 1%. This was referred to as the Diefenbuck - after the Prime Minister of the day, John Diefenbaker, who also cancelled the Avro Arrow project, a Canadian jet made by the A.V. Roe Company.

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDD-1-75-275/...gy/avro_arrow/

Photographic relevance?

I own a rather large Deardorff copy camera that was used by the A.V. Roe Company – it really is a monster.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Thanks Art!

This is a yearly event held by the Photographic Historical Society of Canada. I think they may have one in the fall too.

I'll be there browsing and trying to keep my G.A.S. in check

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I wish this could have coincided with the APUG conference. Of course I would have gone home with no money, but....

Shooter
    35mm
    This is highly distressing news. I thought that $7 Canadian were worth $.52USD. If the price of attending is in the area of $6.30USD then I cannot attend because my line of credit with my spouse's purse falls way, way short of that. You should see the line of credit my grandchild has from the same source. I wish I knew her secret.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The show was not bad this year. I did not pick up much some developing supplies and an Olympus 50 f1.4 lens, actually. I was practicing remarkable restraint.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin