Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,425   Online: 1048

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Supplies in West Bloomfield, MI

All,
    Anyone know of a shop in/near W. Bloomfield, MI where I can purchase sheet film (4x5) ? I'll be headed out there next week, and I was going to mail order film and have it delivered out there...But I figure if there's a good shop local, I may as well do it that way. Plus, I it may even tempt me to buy some developer and develop the film out there as well.
    I would bring some with me, but due to the recent TSA issues, I figure I'll have a hard enough time carrying on the camera, none the less asking for hand inspection of sheet films.

Thanks !

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Don't know where you are staying there, but I was surprised to find that many mail order houses, B&H especially, will not deliver to a motel. I buy it in advance, send it FedEx or US Mail, shoot it, and send it home if I can't develop it there. It wouldn't be a bad idea to bracket, divide and send two shipments by different carriers. It probably all depends on how important the pictures are to you. Film in the camera and oil in the engine are cheap compared to the alternatives.

Burned and been there.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try contacting Camera Mart in Pontiac - the closest 'full service' shop to see what they might have:

http://cameramartinc.com/scripts/camrmart/index.pl

Note that they are really not a mail order house and the web site shows only a small sampling of what they have. Good luck.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Camera Mart is the closest, the only other place I can think of is Adray Applicance Photo and Sound in Dearborn. Not exactly close to W. Bloomfield (1/2 hr. drive) but the only thing getting more scarce than full service camera stores are labs that can handle it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Camera mart would be the best, Woodward Camera in Birmingham or Adrays in Troy might be closer. Adrays in Dearborn is as good as Camera Mart, but even further out.

Camera Mart

adray

Woodward Camera

Oops only Adrays and Camera Mart will have 4x5 film...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    All,
    Anyone know of a shop in/near W. Bloomfield, MI where I can purchase sheet film (4x5) ?
    No... Unfortunately the last time I tried, there is no one left in SE Michigan that sells sheet film. Camera Mart said they had some outdated color.

All my sheet film now comes from Calumet. UPS from Chicago to here is overnight if you order by 3PM Central Time.

Good luck!

Bill

EDIT: Sorry, I was looking for 8x10. Adray has some 4x5 in stock.
    Last edited by billschwab; 08-12-2006 at 08:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill

I got some 4x5 film a couple weeks ago from Adrays, Dearborn
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    Bill

I got some 4x5 film a couple weeks ago from Adrays, Dearborn
    I just called and they said they had some.

Sorry for my previous post. I was looking for 8x10, not 4x5.

My mistake!

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    for development, try pastel photo or titan photo labs in troy.

nlochner
    Where is the art in digital photography?..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I stopped by Camera Mart. They have quite a bit of 8x10 slide (outdated) film, and some chemicals to get one by. Besides that, the 4x5 film is almost nonexistant.
    A shame really, seems like 20 years ago, it must have been one hell of a shop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin