Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,319   Online: 1035

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Art, you would likely fly into Detroit and change planes there. Traverse City would likely have a better choice of flights and rental cars. Just another option to consider.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Art, you would likely fly into Detroit and change planes there. Traverse City would likely have a better choice of flights and rental cars. Just another option to consider.
    Bob's got a point, but Pellston is pretty well equiped airport these days. Major rental cars and 4 flights from Detroit daily via NWA. It is only 6 miles from us, Traverse City is almost 90.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's good to know - I wasn't aware Pellston's service had grown so. Cherry Capital Airport does more PR.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had a lot of notes from folks about this year's gathering. It is still on and you can find lodging and area information at this LINK. I've been offered a block of rooms at The Birchwood Inn at a discount if we can fill 10 of them. Think on this if you are not planning to camp and let me know via PM as soon as you can. If we hit 10, I'll book the block. I'd also like to have a few things planned for us as a group for this year. Anyone with suggestions or that would like to do a demo of some kind, feel free to make a pitch.

I'm off to Iceland in a couple of days and plan to get together this year's information package soon after my return.

Till then...

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I still want to do a cirkut shot of the group, with a few people running around. I could also go out and look for photos to shoot and show others how the cameras work. I have a number of Al vistas and kodak panorams as well, and have started shooting with them. I have in the past put together a panoramic photo presentation- more of a slide presentation talk, if anyone is interested.
    I'll be bringing a couple of cirkuts, roundshots, al-vistas (al vistas are large format antique swing lense cameras), and maybe some graflexes.
    Jamie Young
    Madison, Wi
    Last edited by jamie young; 02-19-2007 at 08:35 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This sounds great Jamie. I have a large area where we could show your slides. More as it nears.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by jamie young View Post
    I have in the past put together a panoramic photo presentation...

CGross
    Jamie, I would really like to watch and learn how your cirkut's work and see your presentation.

On a side note: Of those attending the gathering at Bill's, are any of you also attending the View Camera Conference in Louisville? It's a week after.
    Since Louisville is so close to Cincinnati, I am definately planning to go.

Cody

Quote Originally Posted by jamie young View Post
    I still want to do a cirkut shot of the group, with a few people running around. I could also go out and look for photos to shoot and show others how the cameras work. I have a number of Al vistas and kodak panorams as well, and have started shooting with them. I have in the past put together a panoramic photo presentation- more of a slide presentation talk, if anyone is interested.
    I'll be bringing a couple of cirkuts, roundshots, al-vistas (al vistas are large format antique swing lense cameras), and maybe some graflexes.
    Jamie Young
    Madison, Wi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Looks like I'll be there-ish

I'm having my annual family vacation about 5 minutes down the road from cross village that week. I'd like to join in on some of the festivities. I've recently had a film reawakening after several years of shooting, well, you know. I recently acquired a Graflex Pacemaker 4x5 that I've been shooting polaroids with to sort of stick my toe back in the water. I'm working back up to film. I'm interested in darkroom work though I've only developed film. I shot a good amount of 35mm and 6x7 before 2004. So basically, yeah, I'm a very enthusiastic large format noob. Thankfully not knowing what I'm doing never stopped me before!

-James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi James! You will be more than welcome. Family from the area... or just a favorite spot chosen for the festivities? Anyway... more will come soon on all of this.

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    Hi James! You will be more than welcome. Family from the area... or just a favorite spot chosen for the festivities? Anyway... more will come soon on all of this.

Bill
    We live in Saginaw, but several years ago my wife scoured the internet and found a great deal on a large lakefront cabin. We've rented it for one week a year ever since and her family joins us. There's so much to do in the area including Mackinac Island, lighthouses, the bridge, fort, waterfalls, beaches, there's a lot to do and it's quiet if you don't want to do anything. Plenty to take pictures of!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin