Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,857   Online: 934

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi John,

"Deep Woods Off" works well. Black Flies haven't been a problem though. I am up here by the lake right now and haven't been bitten once. It is a hot... still day too. If they were bad, they would be biting on a day like today. It has been really dry and maybe this is working in our favor.

Bill

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Oh come on Bill. The ice just went away Tuesday. Of course there are no black flies yet. We just got them today in Cleveland, 425 miles away. Thanks I will look for Deep Woods Off.

Since you are there would you check which brand of MI county map book you have and I will order the same. That way when you tell us where to go there is half a chance I will be able to find it.

In all seriousness, has it been dry enough to worry about fire? Would you like those of us who are driving to bring a fire extinguisher?

Thanks,

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bill, I am very tempted to come. I have a job interview on Friday and I might be starting a new job within the next couple of weeks.

How late can I let you know?
    "There are two ways to avoid most trouble in life: live below your means... and within your seams."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    ...What was the most successful black fly and mosquito repellant last year?...

Ether.

Joe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Every day you'll see the dust (Too much, Magic Bus)

Y'all,

I just picked this up yesterday and started to adapt it today into a wetplate collodion mobile darkroom which I hope to have operational by Bill's gathering next month. It should also be able to go from red to totally black inside in case anyone needs to load holders, etc., throughout the day. I'll also now have a use for those magnetic "Darkroom In Use : Do Not Enter" signs. And, a comrade at work has donated a vintage placard expressing the sentiment "If this van's a 'rockin', don't come a knockin".

Michigan vanity license plate "TINTYPE" is on its way to me.

"I said, now I've got my Magic Bus"

Joe

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    It should also be able to go from red to totally black inside in case anyone needs to load holders, etc., throughout the day.
    Sweet, Joe, and very generous of you. I was wondering how I was going to reload 8x10 film holders. I figured under my sleeping bag in my tent at night, but I'll bet your way is a lot more comfortable!

Mike Sherck

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Joe. I wondering the same. I was just starting to build a portable one like your second generation darkroom, but had decided to bring tape and plastic for the hotel bathroom. Very kind of you.

John Powers
    Last edited by jp80874; 05-25-2007 at 10:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brings new meaning to the phrase "lets go out in the van and get loaded".

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Since you are there would you check which brand of MI county map book you have...
    John, It was the one put out by Michigan Natural Resources Magazine.... in 1984! I guess I should look for a new one! There is a little shop in Cross Village near here that has very nice detailed maps of Emmet County for 2.99. I was just there this AM and there is a big pile of them. I'll be on the lookout for a new county map book and will pass the word when I find a good one.

As for fire... the danger is quite high. We will have only one campfire in the designated circle. Those that may be smokers, I most likely do not have to tell you to be very careful and pocket your butts. Nothing worse than finding them in the woods...

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Joe!

What a cool machine! I look forward to seeing it up here in the woods. Glad you'll have dark capabilities as well. Several have asked and I'm not sure I'll have a place ready yet.

I will be bringing a complete platinum printing set-up with the intent of doing a demo and quicky workshop. I will send a note out to the list soon asking for a small lab fee from those that are interested. If so, you might want to bring a few negs as well.

Bill

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin