Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,519   Online: 843

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wednesday evening and I'm just getting those pesky final things done -- charging the Ipod and cell phone, washing the car, etc. My 8x10 film hasn't arrived so it looks like I'll be bringing the 4x5; 18 sheets might do it but then again, maybe not. I'd hate to be 400 miles from home and discover that it's "not".

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend. The weather looks perfect.

Mike Sherck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got back a little while ago. Another great time and great people. Thanks again Bill. Looking forward to next year already.

Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Jerry... and thanks to everyone for coming. What a spectacular week I had with all of you! I loved looking at everyone's prints in person as this little screen doesn't do them their full justice. Always amazed at all the talent.

And thanks for taking all the bottles! When I went up to the cabin after all left, it was spotless... like the event never took place. What a great crew! Thanks for all the help, companionship and laughs. Now I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone was shooting while there!

Thanks again, Bill

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Just waking up after the 400+ mile ride home. Thanks Bill and all for such a wonderful party. I really enjoyed meeting you all, admiring your work, learning from you, sharing ideas, seeing wonderful places, shooting together. What a truly great gang of good people. I just wish I could stay awake as long as you youngsters do. Sign me up for next year and I hope you all will come here later next summer.

Thanks,

John Powers

Gim

I had a wonderful time again. What a great bunch of people to be around. I benefited greatly from the various discussions and the knowledge of the attendees. Thanks to everyone and especially Bill for making this such a nice event.

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Had a great time and learned a *ton*

Wow! My head is still spinning from everything. I was looking for something to push me outside the little box I've created for myself and this certainly was it. I was in waaaaaay over my head, but in a good way. I'm so excited to see how the film looks. I already sent out my 35mm film and 4x5 chromes for development. The black and white 4x5s will take a bit longer as I need to work out a precess for them. Thanks everyone for the great conversations, Q&A's, and everything. Especially Bill, thanks for putting this on and opening your home-in-progress to all of us.

If anyone wants to relive Joe's wet plate collodion demonstration, I put up a small gallery here:
    http://jmxphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/3057513/1

Here's a gratuitous sunset photo that was taken digitally.
    http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...4275052&size=m
    I blame the gathering for my better-than-snapshot composition.

-James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Boy that was a long drive, but I was really glad I came to the gathering. It was great to meet everyone and see your work, which was incredible. Thanks Bill for hosting the event! The cirkut group shot is in the wash as I write this, and came out fine. (maybe a tad thin but good enough to print).I can't wait to process the other film.
    Jamie Young
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails apuggroup 9310.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Jamie. It was great to meet you. The group shot was certainly fun. I enjoyed seeing your work with the cirkut cameras. I'm looking forward to seeing the group shot.

Jerry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmxphoto View Post
    If anyone wants to relive Joe's wet plate collodion demonstration, I put up a small gallery here:
    http://jmxphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/3057513/1
    -James
    Thanks for posting that James. Here's the finished plate of Lisa:

4" x 5" ruby ambrotype on purple glass

It was another great time with a bunch of interesting folks, great food, great photographs, and some quite entertaining stories and chat around the campfire.

Thanks you very much again Bill for putting on such a wonderful event. And also thanks to everyone who brought their beautiful images to share.

And finally a great big thank you to Jamie for his wonderful presentation of historical panoramic work and his sharing of personal work. Nothing like a 14" x 108" contact print. I can't wait to see the group shot done with the smaller cirkut.

Maybe folks could post a few platinum prints and UP works as well.

Sorry I couldn't have spent more time there this trip. But, I'm looking forward to a return and also to the get-together John Powers proposed for Ohio next year.

It was great seeing Lisa, Don, Paul, Mike, and the entire group again and meeting the new folks.

It was simply great interacting with such a passionate group of photographic artists in a beautiful setting. Thanks again to everyone and especially Bill.

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    Here's the finished plate of Lisa...
    Joe, Looks like the framing issue got solved. Really nice image. Thanks again for bringing all the gear and doing the demo. Really looking forward to having you up for a wet plate workshop as well.

Bill

PS. Loved the Magic Bus!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin