Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,463   Online: 951

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Show and lecture on pan photography

I also posted this in the workshops forum (Hope that's ok)
    I am exhibiting my panoramic landscape photography right now at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor's Center in Ashland WI. In conjunction with the show, I’ll be giving a presentation this Saturday, Aug. 18th, at 2 p.m..

The presentation is “Panoramic Photography 1840 to the Present: A technical and aesthetic look at the history of panoramic photography.” I’ll be giving a slide show starting with a historical overview of the technology used in panoramic photography, then moving into a look at some of the professional and fine art photographers who have used these tools, and ending with a look at how the cameras and the unique images they create have influenced my own fine art photography.

After the slides I’ll show some of the historical and modern panoramic cameras I shoot with, including Al Vista swing-lens cameras made in Wisconsin in 1900, cirkut cameras, and others, and we’ll have a Q&A.

I’ll be giving the presentation once more after this, on October 25.

For more information on the show, visit my website, www.jamieyoungphoto.com/Exhibitions%201.html, and the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center website, www.northerngreatlakescenter.org.

Thanks!
    Jamie Young
    jamiehy@tds.net

www.jamieyoungphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Jamie, I'm assuming this is the same presentation that you gave to us up at Bill Schwab's place in June. Very entertaining and informative. I'm glad we got to see it.

Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Jerry
    Yes it is, though I'm updating it a bit, and adding more info.
    Thanks, Jamie

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin