Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,970   Online: 916

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    Beautiful!
    Bill,

I read your post to Les today, "I've been going through fellow photographer withdraw after the Photostock gig this year and need a fix of like minded photo folks. " I was just telling Danielle in a PM that I have missed that wonderful simpatico time of like but different minds talking, sharing, the same and different visions, the love of photography. Hope you both can come here. I would love to hear how and what you think about the local sites and sights that have driven me.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Hope you both can come here. I would love to hear how and what you think about the local sites and sights that have driven me.
    John, I'd love to see them. I've been quiet on the thread cause I still am hoping in some way to come, but still can't say for certain. I've been away a lot of the summer and the Ottawa Valley run will take a couple weeks as well. If there's any way I can get this past the powers that be, I'll be on the road in your direction. Best case might be just the weekend. I'll see. I'm also torn on the North Shore run the week prior to your gig. So much to do, so little time! Hell, I've already put a ton of miles on the little Jeep this year, what's a few more!

It really sounds like you've got something going here John and I am happy to see it is coming together so well. It sounds as if it will be a really wonderful time for all involved. It would be cool to hang with Jeff and Eva again as well!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=billschwab;670422] of the summer and the Ottawa Valley run will take a couple weeks as well. If there's any way I can get this past the powers that be, I'll be on the road in your direction. QUOTE]

Ms. Dolly, the Powers that be, says you all come to her party! The dogs and I can come also.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure hope you make it, Bill. I'd like to meet you and see your prints in person. I'm going to be there for the weekend for sure and we'll see about the week, depends on work.... Thanks again for putting this together. Shawn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Sure hope you make it, Bill. I'd like to meet you and see your prints in person. I'm going to be there for the weekend for sure and we'll see about the week, depends on work.... Thanks again for putting this together. Shawn
    Shawn,

Glad to see you are coming for the weekend at least and maybe more.

Additionally I have received PMs since my last post confirming that the following will be coming:

Bob Curtis
    Paul Armstrong
    Robert Triffin

It is beginning to look like a party.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm looking forward to it, John. Thanks again for doing this. All the best. Shawn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Today I sent the following PM to everyone who has indicated an interest in this event. If I missed you, or if you have been lurking quietly and would like to come, please send me a PM.

The event dates are:
    Wednesday, September 17th through Sunday, September 21st, 2008

John

Just two weeks before the Northern Ohio, Fall 2008, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, APUG Gathering. Dolly and I hope you all can come but we know that isn’t possible. We need to get a little organized, plan a few things and make sure we have enough stuff for the event. We would appreciate an RSVP or confirmation that you are coming even though we may have heard from you recently. Please send me a PM.

Let us know who is coming.
    What days you will be here?
    Approximately when we should be here to welcome you?
    Will you be camping with us?

I will send directions how to find us and answer any questions this request generates.

Thank you. We are looking forward to seeing you, your work at show and tell and talking photography with friends new and old. We hope you like what we have planned. None of the plans are cut in stone, so all suggestions will be heard.

John & Dolly Powers

PS: ic-racer your PM box is still blocked.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post

PS: ic-racer your PM box is still blocked.
    Thanks, I inadvertently had the "Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators" box checked. Should be OK now.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Anyone interested in cheap lenses???

Greetings-
    For a couple of years, John and I have had the opportunity to enjoy the bounty associated with the demise of the analog print industry in Cleveland. All sorts of interesting "tools" have become available, but I wanted those attending this event to know that I will be bringing a couple of boxes of barrel process lenses that I have salvaged from copy cameras. I will happily make the lenses available for what I paid, which was usually $20 each- I just couldn't bear to see them discarded. Lenses range in focal length from 105mm to about 480mm and coverage varies widely, but I have used many quite successfully on my 8x10. Several I am sure will cover 11x14 and 7x17, and all cover at least 4x5.

For large format and ULF users, I wanted to get this note out there in case you have some sort of a lensboard for your camera that can be rigged up to try them out.

If you can get some use out of them, great. If not, that's fine too. Please feel free to PM me with any specific questions regarding the "glass" and I will be happy to respond.

Looking forward to my first APUG gathering-
    Peter

BTW-These make pretty good enlarging lenses as well.
    Last edited by Peter Spangenberg; 09-04-2008 at 03:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Peter,

Thanks.
    The first day of the event is tomorrow afternoon.
    Bring those lenses over for a look see.

John

Peter has also agreed to join us for our Cleveland tour. His specialty is corn beef sandwiches on 17th Street. But wait, just east of the best corned beef in Cleveland is about a square mile of Asian grocery stores and restaurants. I hope Daniel will be with us to lead us astray. Further east is Little Italy. Never let a fat guy, me, lead a photographic tour through the restaurants of Cleveland, I mean the architecture of Cleveland.

JP

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin