Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,801   Online: 666

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you all. I couldn’t be happier with the response, twelve months in advance of the event.

Travis, thank you. We are still sorting out dates. There was only one women at Bill’s event. She seemed to be enjoying it. I hope she will join us here. If your girl friend likes photography, she is certainly welcome.

Shawn, Happy to have you. I am hopping this event will help introduce more Midwestern photographers to each other.

Bill, it is your fault. Happy to have our mentor check in. We may have to recruit you to lead the midnight bull sessions. At your event I was exhausted by the end of dinner (10:00 PM) and had to go to bed after loading film holders. I gather I missed a lot, but it was the best I could do. I didn’t realize until the group picture that I was the oldest one there carrying the biggest camera. Something wrong or very right with that.

Jim, it was great meeting you in June. Hope you will come and add your wit and wisdom to the pot.

Cody, Great. I knew we would have some more fun together.

John, if there is interest we can start early for a few and build toward the weekend. Since you have already found a white Speedster we will have to see what other attractions draw your attention.

Thomas, I will PM you to discuss ways we can stagger the times. I am guessing that there are some midway between us that might want to go both directions. Do you think there are many who could afford to go to both events within a month? I mean afford both in the time away sense as well as financially.

Daniel, your work just gets better every time I see it. Glad you are coming. Hope we will have more time to talk.

Mike, I couldn’t agree with you more. Great bunch of people. Well worth the drive to see the work, enjoy the people and look at a new place to shoot.

I thought of another attraction to add to the list. In the Critical gallery look at Peter Spangenberg’s Nelson Ledges 4x10 shot. Peter took me out there (an hour east of here). It is beautiful, photogenic and very strange with Beech tree roots crawling down 50 foot cliffs. Ohio’s version of Angkor Wat without the temples. Not a place to go with vertigo, but beautiful otherwise.

You all come.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    I'll be heading out to Nelson's Ledges this weekend(only a half an hour away and I've never been there!? The picture you mentioned is what got me thinking about it). I have a feeling I'll be getting to know it quite well by the time the event rolls around, might even be my next project. If so, and there is interest, I'd be happy to take a group and show them around the area come next fall. Best. Shawn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    John,
    I'll be heading out to Nelson's Ledges this weekend(only a half an hour away and I've never been there!? The picture you mentioned is what got me thinking about it). I have a feeling I'll be getting to know it quite well by the time the event rolls around, might even be my next project. If so, and there is interest, I'd be happy to take a group and show them around the area come next fall. Best. Shawn
    Shawn, you will love it. Wear shoes that really grip stone.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/tabid/775/default.aspx
    http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/tabid/469/default.aspx

Thanks. That is the kind of volunteering that makes for a great event.

John

Shooter
    35mm

I would love to participate

I live in South Eastern Michigan and I would love to go

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Count me in

I missed the one in Michigan, but I'm definitely up for this.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hey, all,
    I'm not too far away and will be retiring in January. I'll have plenty of time for such diversions. I'd dearly love to attend some or all.
    Are 35mm shooters allowed? Or is it all LF and MF? Of course, I could get out my YashicaMat......

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Stevebeyer, welcome to APUG and welcome to the Northern Ohio Gathering. We have narrowed the time frame to a choice of the last weekend of September or one of the first two weekends of October 2008. You might read Bill Schwab’s "Annual" Northern Michigan Gathering 2007 to get a better idea of what we will try to model. http://www.apug.org/forums/forum174/...ng-2007-a.html As this thread continues we will determine if the interest allows us to start Friday, Thursday, Wednesday or what.

Peter, you’ve told me you like deadlines as motivators. Your welcome entrance ticket is to bring more Nelson Ledges 4x10 prints for show and tell. Start printing, there are only 11 months before show time.

Rosey, if you shoot film and are part of APUG, you are welcome. This is all about the camaraderie of people who are really crazy about photography. It is another chance to get together, talk, shoot, and see work to a level that would drive all our sane friends nuts. You are welcome to come, show your work, or just see what other people are doing, your choice.

John Powers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Another Northern Ohio architectural photographic attraction opened this weekend. The Cleveland Institute of Music’s new recital hall, designed by Charles Young of New York, a gifted protege of I.M. Pei. who designed the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. “…a 250-seat recital stage flooded with natural light and views of gardens and trees outside. It’s a magical place that ought to rank as one of the world’s most beautiful new buildings for musical performance. … the recital hall looks from the outside like a rectangular glass jewelry case set within a curving framework of baby-smooth, sculpted concrete. At night, it glows like a lantern, lighting up a corner of University Circle, the city’s cultural and educational hub.
    http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...180.xml&coll=2 Plain Dealer review.

The recital hall is across the street from the Cleveland Botanical garden..” The centerpiece of the $50 million 2003 expansion is The Eleanor Armstrong Smith Glasshouse, an 18,000 square foot (1,700 m²) conservatory home to plant and animal life from two separate biomes, the spiny desert of Madagascar and the cloud forest of Costa Rica. They feature over 350 species of plants and 50 species of animals.” Wikopedia The recital hall is also.about two blocks from the Frank Gehry designed Weatherhead School of Management.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I missed the Michigan get together too. This is a great idea though, it's far to early for me to commit (I usually plan things about a week before!), but if I'm available then, I'll be in. I'll watch this thread.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    If the dates work, count me in.

Bob Curtis

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin