Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,128   Online: 804

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1317181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Looks great Dale. Hard to believe we live so close to something so beautiful. Is this the white cotton of one exposure you were talking about or as we were discussing, did you try multiple exposures totaling a bit more than the desired exposure time? It is hard to see that much detail on a small screen.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Looks great Dale. Hard to believe we live so close to something so beautiful. Is this the white cotton of one exposure you were talking about or as we were discussing, did you try multiple exposures totaling a bit more than the desired exposure time? It is hard to see that much detail on a small screen.

John
    Thanks for pointing it out, due to the circuitous manner to reach the place from River road, I had never explored the place.

Technical aspects: About a 5x7 center crop from the 8x10 negative (worked out just right with the 210mm lens.)
    Single exposure f45 at 28 seconds. FP4 film in T-max developer 7 minutes in the Jobo drum. The 11x14 print was 160 seconds green and 6 seconds blue on Forte. In the future I'm going to develop the negatives for less time as I would prefer to print more on the blue end of the scale.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    here's some snap shots I put in the workshops/events galler
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=514

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I printed my first 3 images from the event yesterday. I only had time to scan one before work this morning. You can see it in the Standard Gallery at the link below. If you're not a subscriber I'll post them on my website sometime tonight.
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...8100&nocache=1

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just posted one of my first attempts at printing images from the gathering. This one was from the trip to Lakeview Cemetary. Jeff and Eva saw this one on the ground glass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks good, Peter. I'm a little behind you guys. I finally developed the first batch of 6 sheets tonight - the rest will be done tomorrow, I hope. The roll film will be waiting for a Hewes reel and some practice.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

sycamore reflection from JPOW/POND-matt

TMY2/pyrocat 8 min in tubes @ 75f/epson700http://www.apug.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12040&d=1222813790
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sycamoreflection@jpowpond_lzn.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mattpallante View Post
    TMY2/pyrocat 8 min in tubes @ 75f/epson700http://www.apug.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12040&d=1222813790
    I'm sorry Matt. I thought I posted a response. We loved having you here and seeing how many people were enjoying the the place. At one point there were four view cameras set up enjoying this little 1/3 acre pond. Dorothy squawked about brush in her way and I fired up the chainsaw. No effort is too great for a good picture.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    We are staging a rematch: October 17, 18 and 19

The big maple tree to the west of the house is beginning to turn dark red. Dolly, Cindy, Savannah and I went for a hike in the park today. The girls (yellow Labradors) said, hey, when are all those neat people going to come back and throw apples for us into the pond? We forgot to tell you about Sylvan pond in the park, a half mile walk in, a mirrored lovely pond surrounded with deciduous trees. Those are the ones that turn colors aren’t they?

Well, we are going to stage a rematch at the Powers pond and house. All you folks that came a few weeks ago and those that wanted to, but couldn’t that weekend, come on over October 17, 18 and 19. Campers welcome, but no porta potty rented this time unless we get enough people on short notice to pay the $110. Campers can come in Thursday night if they like.

Come shoot the color, or if you are color blind like me, come shoot the stuff you shoot all year. Show up each day at 9 AM and 5 PM to plan, talk or go to dinner. Bring prints to show if you have any this soon. There will be a bonfire in the camping area. BYO chair and beverage. If you are camping bring “warmies”. The last three nights have had frost warnings.

In our debriefing after the first gathering, Dorothy had an idea we can implement if you like. I hiked the early comers all over the place showing them beautiful places to shoot. Panting, Dorothy suggested I pick a place, take you there for a few hours and concentrate on that. Those that don’t want to, can go where they were going to go in the first place.

For those that were here, I will select the Park parking lot in the town of Peninsula. There is a big open swamp on one side, the Cuyahoga River on the other. There are OH & Erie Canal Locks all around, a lovely foot bridge crossing the river, and vertical cliff sides to the river. If you can’t find something there, the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic RR leaves from the one room station next to the parking lot. You can catch a ride and find what does appeal.

Let us know who is coming. If you are new to the group PM me, and I will send you a questionnaire so we know where to send the bodies after the event. Come on by. We had a ball last time. We have never had guests who took such good care of the place and enjoyed themselves so much. We miss you already.

John, Dolly, Cindy and Savannah Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John,

Thanks for offering this. I'll try to make it for at least part of the time, but need to check with the rest of the family schedules.

As added incentive, there is a camera show (used gear sales and swap) at the Quality Inn at Exit 173 of the turnpike, I-80, on Sunday the 19th from 10am to 3pm. That's the exit folks used for John's place. The show is shrinking lately, but bargains can still be had. I didn't buy, but saw two large Packard shutters there a few shows back. Had to pass on a Leitz V35 enlarger with Focotar and both color and B&W modules for $400. Got an Isolette I for $7 in excellent condition. http://cleveland.craigslist.org/pho/863003427.html

I've had the usual unexpected delays in processing film, so haven't gotten any from the gathering done yet.

Lee

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin