Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,686   Online: 756

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1721222324252627282930313233 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    APUG NE Ohio Reunion I, Friday, September 17th – Sunday, September 19th

Dale Marsh, Ic-racer “Count me in. On the 19th I'll be checking out the Photorama as it is still mostly analog.”

what is Photorama? do we have any details on that?

thanks!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    John, your first gathering was an immensely enjoyable weekend. Wonderful company, a great setting and the epitome of the gracious host.
    Wow! Thank you.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbannow View Post
    I have a monorail and a Speed Graphic I am looking to unload,
    Every sales person and marketing rep I worked with the last 40 years just rolled over on groaned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a stainless steel backpacking shovel that fits in your pocket... in lieu of portapotty

all kidding aside... the bank account/MC shut down on me and the guilt trips are mounting... I'm not sure I can do this. or maybe just a day trip on saturday

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Every sales person and marketing rep I worked with the last 40 years just rolled over on groaned.
    I meant to say, "I have the world's greatest deal - a monorail and Speed Graphic that (may have been) used by Ansel Adams himself! Guaranteed to better pictures or your money back! (money back guarantee only valid in southern Guam) Supplies are limited, act now!"

- Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post

thanks!
    From a few pages back:
    As added incentive, there is a camera show (used gear sales and swap) at the Quality Inn at Exit 173 of the turnpike, I-80, on Sunday the 19th from 10am to 3pm. That's the exit folks used for John's place. The show is shrinking lately, but bargains can still be had. http://cleveland.craigslist.org/pho/863003427.html
    My schedule for the weekend will be determined by some combination of the score of a high school soccer game on Thursday evening, two doctors appointment outcomes today and Friday, the time it takes to get over a cold, and likely a half dozen other unforeseen factors. Put me down as Heisenberg^256. I'll be somewhere, but it will be very hard to tell where or when.

Lee

P.S. Two unforeseen factors added in the two hours since I first posted this. Can I arrange for someone to kidnap me and my cameras and film on Thurs evening and release me Sunday evening? Will exchange technical advice and camera loans for kidnapping. PM me.
    Last edited by Lee L; 10-14-2008 at 12:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    From a few pages back:

My schedule for the weekend will be determined by some combination of the score of a high school soccer game on Thursday evening, two doctors appointment outcomes today and Friday, the time it takes to get over a cold, and likely a half dozen other unforeseen factors. Put me down as Heisenberg^256. I'll be somewhere, but it will be very hard to tell where or when.

Lee

P.S. Two unforeseen factors added in the two hours since I first posted this. Can I arrange for someone to kidnap me and my cameras and film on Thurs evening and release me Sunday evening? Will exchange technical advice and camera loans for kidnapping. PM me.
    Done. Start by explaining Heisenberg^256 and tell me where to pick you up. We will discuss it over Indian Dinner.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post

thanks!
    APUG wouldn't let me post shortly after you asked. Seeing your later post about funds, an answer may not be needed. For anyone else.

“Photorama USA, Everything Photographic Show, new and used professional and digital cameras.” I like that last wording, professional vs digital.

This is a swap meet run every two months at the Quality Inn in Richfield, just south of the turnpike exit for Rt 77 and I 80. Lee & one son, Peter and I have been going for years. Attendance has fallen off both on the sales and buying end. The current economy may make it very slow, just a guess. That might effect how much was shown or how low sellers will go who do show. $6 entrance, $2 student. I am still a student. 10:00 AM to 3 PM Sunday. Lee & I get there when it opens. Peter has softer priorities.

I have found a lot of photo books, Jobo, luggage cart, stainless trays. I think Lee has bought some lenses and filters there, but would prefer he comment. The whole show is run by Igor Reznik of Igor’s Camera Exchange. He usually has nice high end stuff and prices to match.

Things happen fast there. One time I said to Igor, “Oh I wish I had known that you had a 250mm Wide Field Ektar. I bought one on eBay this week and would have preferred to buy it from you”. He said, “Don’t feel badly. I took it on trade ten minutes ago”.

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was planning on arriving Sunday at John's in the AM (not sure about Saturday yet). Then off to the show as I have something to pick up from Igor. From there, I was planning on going either to Nelson Ledges or to Quarry Rock Park (both favorites of mine). These locations are East of where John is by about 30-40 minutes, but very close to where I live. Perhaps this will work for people going East to return home?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Spangenberg View Post
    From there, I was planning on going either to Nelson Ledges or to Quarry Rock Park (both favorites of mine). These locations are East of where John is by about 30-40 minutes, but very close to where I live. Perhaps this will work for people going East to return home?
    Boy, come to my party and steal my guests. Hrumph! And these are my friends.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin