Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,929   Online: 865

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192324252627282930313233 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    There is a current thread on the LF Forum about your experience with the worst camera ever. If it rains we might go to the grocery store and make up a batch of these. I scared the dogs I laughed so hard.

“A pinhole camera I made from a frozen turkey--baaaad idea!”
    John Kasaian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    I want to see either of us be quietly anything.
    Which reminds me... should we start discussing what to do about Saturday evening dinner now?

Anyone up for a meatloaf pinhole camera?

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Which reminds me... should we start discussing what to do about Saturday evening dinner now?

Anyone up for a meatloaf pinhole camera?

Lee
    My vote is for Country Maid - one of the cones should make a nice pinhole after I empty it out.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    None of the restaurants we went to last time have specifically called and said, “do not under any circumstance bring that horde of roughians back here again”. But then, I only made reservations using my last name and without a phone number. This may not be conclusive, but those options seem to exist.

Once we finally made up our minds, two hours, I did enjoy having you all here at the table with pizza to talk. It was a little close, but not as many are coming this time. The conversation was great and could be heard by all, unlike some of the restaurants. I would only suggest we add a salad to the pizzas or at least a veggie pizza. What say ye?

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    None of the restaurants we went to last time have specifically called and said, “do not under any circumstance bring that horde of roughians back here again”. But then, I only made reservations using my last name and without a phone number. This may not be conclusive, but those options seem to exist.

Once we finally made up our minds, two hours, I did enjoy having you all here at the table with pizza to talk. It was a little close, but not as many are coming this time. The conversation was great and could be heard by all, unlike some of the restaurants. I would only suggest we add a salad to the pizzas or at least a veggie pizza. What say ye?

John
    Well, pizza is no ice cream, but I suppose this would do.

But what is this veggie thing you are talking about?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had been admiring Ray Mortenson's book "Meadowlands" and thought that Cleveland had a little wasteland just like New Jersey. Today I made a trek north up the canal to the steelyard. Looks like there have been a lot of changes in the last year or so. Not only have the steelyards been somewhat domesticated by the presence of a shopping mall (aptly called "Steeyard") there also is comfortable parking and a paved general purpose path between the shopping center and the real steelyard. There were signs posted indicating they were working on running the Cuyahoga Valley train to a stop at the steelyard shopping center. It will probably take me a lifetime to fully explore that area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jbannow View Post

We'll call Country Maid and have them make up a special broccoli and cauliflower ice cream pizza to go with the Hawaiian.

Vegetables are often used to grow meat.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbannow View Post

It is insidious. First we start with a carrot, a cucumber, maybe even a tomato. Then we start walking, maybe a quarter mile at first. Then you get Labradors, maybe Greyhounds. The girls and I do 10-12 miles a week. Pretty soon you can have ice cream without it killing you.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I had been admiring Ray Mortenson's book "Meadowlands" and thought that Cleveland had a little wasteland just like New Jersey. Today I made a trek north up the canal to the steelyard. Looks like there have been a lot of changes in the last year or so. Not only have the steelyards been somewhat domesticated by the presence of a shopping mall (aptly called "Steeyard") there also is comfortable parking and a paved general purpose path between the shopping center and the real steelyard. There were signs posted indicating they were working on running the Cuyahoga Valley train to a stop at the steelyard shopping center. It will probably take me a lifetime to fully explore that area.
    Is this connected to the Canal Towpath? That runs up to Harvard Denison now and will be going north from there soon. I have been shooting there in Cuyahoga Heights for the show. If this is not what your talking about, let me know. I volunteer to join you. In that area it feels really good to have another set of eyes, to take turns under the dark cloth, watch each other’s back.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Vegetables are often used to grow meat.

Lee
    Ahhh .... now I understand ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin