Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,783   Online: 862

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Art, thank you. I think the Michigan gathering lost you to an Origami affair. Unfortunately we can’t plan these events on one week’s notice. This one has already discovered and adjusted to an overlap with the Minnesota gathering, twelve months in advance. If you are available you certainly are welcome.

Bob, welcome to APUG. I am honored that your first post is for this event. Introduce yourself and let us know where your film interests lie. Novelty is not far away. Peter Spangenberg and I find some of our most interesting equipment near there at a printers' salvage company.

John Powers

Shooter
    35mm
    For the last several years I have been using a medium format camera. Recently purchased a 4x5 camera and am busy making mistakes while learning to use it. Shoot black & white and recently built a darkroom at our home.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Bob,

Welcome again. Don’t feel badly. We are all making mistakes with our
    Gear. This has been a wonderful place for me to explore those mistakes and learn from others. That is available for anyone on APUG and we hope at all the gatherings.

John Powers

Shooter
    Large Format

I'm interested

I live over in Erie PA. About an hour and a half away. I'd love to get together with some other film people. Not much going on here in Erie. All digital. If it works I'll be there.
    Leslie D. Wall
    AKA DeBone75

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Leslie,

Great to hear you will be with us. Lots of film being shot over here especially that weekend. I see hiking and camping in your profile. If you want you can camp here or stay in a near by motel. There is lots of hiking thoughout the national park and the local parks. Hope to see you here.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It looks like we should make some attempt to get this event organized. Lets try and firm up a date. As some may remember from the Michigan event, good food and good conversation is a significant factor in this kind of gathering. A good 356 Porsche friend, who manages a local country club, also runs the four day Greek Festival at his church in Akron, September 18-21. I have never had food in a US Greek restaurant that compared to the food prepared for this event. Besides that it is much cheaper than a restaurant. I would suggest some of us spend one day of our event in Akron including the festival and:

Architecturally the new Akron Art museum
    http://www.akronartmuseum.org/photos...s.php?catid=40

Photographic collections the new photography wing at the Akron Art Museum

Entropy1 the 200 year old locks of the OH Erie canal,
    four in one mile, oddly in Summit county http://www.cascadelocks.org/

Entropy2 the waste of industry moved away with crumbling buildings and nasty neighborhoods, architecture and street photography. I'll rent out our dogs as body guards.

Dale Chihuly Glass-Contemporary Art Glass Sculpture at the Polymer School, University of Akron http://www2.uakron.edu/cpspe/CHIHULY.html

So how do you feel about the week leading up to the weekend of September 18-21?

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Count me and my wife in. We are in Pittsburgh.

Bob Steckmeyer

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Bob,

Wonderful and welcome to APUG. I see in your profile that you shoot medium format. What subject matter can we help you find on your visit?

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just found this thread; didn't realize there was a 'regional section'. Sounds like this would be just down the road from me, I can't miss it.

BTW, I finally did get an 8x10 enlarger, so I need to shoot some more 8x10 negs. I keep enlarging the same ones from my first box of 20, over and over...
    Last edited by ic-racer; 02-21-2008 at 03:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ic-racer,

Welcome.

I have been reading about your new Durst 1184 and was about to mention that I also use 6” multigrade Ilford filters under the lens of my 8x10 Durst 138S conversion. By the time I got to it you had already thanked everyone for their information.

Come on down. There may be several of us shooting 8x10 or the 4x10 variation by then. For that matter since you are local, why wait? Peter, Shawn and I are shooting the cliffs at Kendall Ledges and Nelson Ledges. I am continuing my 7x17 Ohio-Erie canal series. Help us find some new spots for the out of town visitors and make some new negatives to print.

John Powers

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin