Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,621   Online: 1279

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222627282930313233 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Cool, Cindy and Savannah at the museum. Makes sense, water dogs at a canal exhibit. Will there be apples or sticks involved? ... and I though your in-laws had horses, not ponies.

Lee
    Me thinks you were hit on the head the last time the telescope swung around in the astronomy lab. Oh help the sky is falling!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    just checking in to say "hi" and wondering...........

how cold is it in *your* back yard? It's 12 degrees here in Erie. I know it must be colder up in Michigan. Hope you are all enjoying this weather. And have a Merry Christmas / Happy Holiday / Happy New Year!

~Cheers,

Dorothy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just under 3F at 7:15pm. Wind chill about -21F.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just came in and the mercury is saying it is 0. Be safe everyone and have a happy one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    3 degrees right now... the wood stove feels like heaven.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The girls (yellow Labradors) and I went hiking this AM near Punderson or Newberry, OH, with our other group (Yahoo groups, hiking hounds). The temperature was in the low twenties with gusts of 50mph. Our greatest fear was not the cold but flying broken branches. Tonight after a wonderful meal, Dolly and I are curled up on the floor reading the papers we get, in front of the Christmas tree we put up last night, with Labradors at our socks. We just had the last step outside of the night for watering and the wind was blowing HARD. The weather radio says it is 1 degree F in Cleveland. We are 600 feet above that so I imagine we are breaking 0. Happy to read friends are warm and safe. I suppose the ones who may not be are not at their computers. Be careful and warm. Thank you for all the photo friends who have been here, some several times, since August. Please know you are welcome many more times in the coming year.

John, Dolly, Savannah and Cindy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Eva & I were out last night at Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village - Walking around for 4 hours, outside, carolers etc. It was around 0F with wind gusts up to 45 mph. We're still warming up from the event!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Large Format

Bad night in the cold

My family and I went over to Peak and Peak ski resort in New York to see there Christmas Light display. I-90 was a real mess. Light display so so. Very cold and windy at the top of the hill on the ski lift. Comming home almost near white out conditions and while there I backed into someone with a Cadilac Escalade. My first accident in over 30 years. I told my wife no more winter road trips. The pizza was good though. Now just when is this Global Warming thing supposed to take affect? I wish it would hurry up.
    Leslie D. Wall
    AKA DeBone75

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is an appropriate photo for the season.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was on I90 on the 22nd and it was terrifying. The large red pickup that went sideways right across our path a few car lengths in front of us before it hit a concrete barrier, almost taking us out, is a good example. This was just a few miles past the big curve in downtown cleveland. The roads got worse after that. We made it to Erie unscathed and got off for the night (around 2:30). I could barely see the the exit, or the road. I've driven a lot in the winter, but it was bad. Glad to be safe in Syracuse.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin