Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,446   Posts: 1,597,067   Online: 819

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=billschwab;Set your date and then work up to it. Better than having people try to plan for some vague time frame. Once they have something firm to plan for, there is a better chance they will come.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bill.

Both you and Joe Smigiel asked this and I hadn't understood the question. I am glad I asked and you responded. I hope it is clear to all now. I look forward to your event next week and hope to see many of the same people here in the fall,

Wednesday morning through Sunday, September 17-21, 2008

Please, those who can come PM the questionnaire posted 4/28/08 so we can prepare for your arrival.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks John. Not trying to be difficult, just a little thick sometimes.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Wednesday morning through Sunday. September 17-21, 2008
    Northern Ohio Gathering, Cuyahoga Valley National Park

Anyone wondering why have a second or third gathering in the Midwest in one summer need only look at these pictures of Photostock 2008 from Mark an Marc. Look at the faces. These people are having fun and/or are considering really interesting photographic ideas. For me that is what it is all about. Come to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park in September for more of the same.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mfobrien/2008Photostock

http://www.flickr.com/photos/makeman...7605975202127/

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm planning on making it to the gathering, John. I'll be home from the Minnesota gathering late Monday night/early Tuesday morning (9-15/16), catch up with things at home & work for a couple days and hit the road again probably on Thursday morning (9/18) to head out to Cuyahoga Valley NP.

Thanks for putting this together, John!

Marc

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    I'm planning on making it to the gathering, John. I'll be home from the Minnesota gathering late Monday night/early Tuesday morning (9-15/16), catch up with things at home & work for a couple days and hit the road again probably on Thursday morning (9/18) to head out to Cuyahoga Valley NP.

Thanks for putting this together, John!

Marc
    Marc,

Thanks for the enthusiasm. That is a lot of driving and great pictures. Bring prints to show.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So is there going to be any processing and enlarging happening?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ts103706@ohio.edu View Post
    So is there going to be any processing and enlarging happening?
    My darkroom is only 10'x13'. Processing and enlarging could be a little crowded. I can show you what I have (Jobo flm developer, 4x5 and 8x10 enlargers) and how I use it, but my expectation is that this event will be more about shooting, looking at current work, talking about how we do the current work and picking up ideas from people who are doing other things.

Do you have access to darkrooms in Athens? Are you taking any film-wet darkroom courses there? University of Akron has two B&W darkrooms, a color darkroom, thirty five enlargers and a color processor. The wet courses are overbooked so they have had to hire additional part time MFAs to handle the additional students. Oh, they also teach that other process as well.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    I'll be there. Questionere will be sent in the next day or so. Thanks for putting this together, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. All the best. Shawn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    John,
    I'll be there. Questionere will be sent in the next day or so. Thanks for putting this together, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. All the best. Shawn
    Shawn,

Great to hear that. Thanks. Did you get over to Nelson's Ledges? Kendall Ledges in the Cuyahoga Valley Natonal Park, about three miles from here, is a tamer version of Nelson's Ledges. Either place offer great photo opps for the rocks, roots and "trees just hanging on" enthusiasts. LeeL, Peter Spangenberg and I are fans of that. Lee and Peter plan to be here also.

Looking forward to meeting you. Thanks for the survey when you have a chance.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am no longer in Athens anymore. I have my own darkroom, and hopefully I will have access to Akron's darkrooms this fall. I have taken one intro course there, but after 4 classes in high school, I can't say I learned anything new.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin