Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,990   Online: 861

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ts103706@ohio.edu View Post
    I am no longer in Athens anymore. I have my own darkroom, and hopefully I will have access to Akron's darkrooms this fall. I have taken one intro course there, but after 4 classes in high school, I can't say I learned anything new.

I retired in 2003 and have taken fourteen photo related courses at U Akron since then. I am probably as old as your grand parents, but hopefully we can talk by that gap. I will PM you and we can talk about course possibilities off line. As you get into the advanced classes and move to larger formats there is potential for a lot of excitement. The school has 6x7 cm and 6x9 cm Fuji range finder cameras and 4x5 inch view cameras to loan to students. If you are in the Akron area this summer I would be happy to have you visit my darkroom before the Sept. gathering and talk about where you want to go with your photography.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    John,

I am planning on coming up and camping if there is room for me. Eva may join me as well.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jeff,

You are most welcome. There is plenty of room for campers. I have not found anything local to equal the Big Chicken though.

How ever, please tell Eva that she made the party at Photostock 2008 and that you are not allowed to come unless she joins us as well.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hmm ... no Big Chicken and I have to bring my wife? Well, at least I get to make some pictures!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It looks like we may have several campers. You are more than welcome to do so. At Photostock 2008 I noticed a few campers shivering through bucket showers. We have a pond about 1/3 to 1/2 acre in size located between the house and where people will be camping. The bottom is pretty muddy, but it drops off fast. If people would like we can anchor the 9 foot inflatable dingy I brought to Photostock 2008 and use it as a swimming raft. You can dive in to avoid the mud. When you get out you could wash the mud off your feet with a hose.

Hazards in the pond:
    There is a snapping turtle whose shell is about a foot across. He may have been relocated by September.
    There are often two flying yellow Labrador Retrievers just behind the tennis ball that landed beside you.

Additional perks: The pond has Bass, Blue Gill and three foot Grass Carp. The pond has not been fished in at least twenty years. If you will catch and release, anyone attending is welcome to bring a rod and reel. The last person that fished here twenty years ago caught four fish in four casts.

My guess is that the street photographers amongst us could have a lot of fun with any of the above.

Joe Smigiel, if you come and hire a model, she won’t get poison ivy in the dingy.

John Powers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Possible Motel Accommodations For the Northern Ohio Gathering
    Wednesday morning through Sunday. September 17-21, 2008

Location 1:
    Intersection of Ohio Turnpike I-80 Exit 173 and Route I-77, Richfield, OH

Hampton Inn, new this year, three star rating, tel: 330-659-6662
    Quality Inn, much older, three star rating, tel: 330-659-6151

Subway and Richfield Family Restaurant within sight. The RFR has good, cheap family food in a run down environment. Great for breakfast.
    The Richfield motels and restaurants are 6 miles or 8 minutes north of our house.

Location 2:
    Fairlawn, OH Route I-77 Exit 137 A and B Intersecting with OH Route 18, also called Medina Rd., Market St and Montrose Blvd.

Akron Super 8 Motel, one star, 330-666-8887
    Best Western Inn, three stars, 330-670-0888
    Comfort Inn Akron West, two stars, 330-666-5050
    Courtyard by Marriott Akron, three stars, 330-668-9090
    Four Points Sheraton, three stars, 330-869-9000
    Holiday Inn, three stars, 330-666-4131

Every imaginable chain restaurant and a few unique.
    The Fairlawn motels and restaurants are 6 miles or 11 minutes south of our house.

Information provided by AAA Ohio TourBook and MapQuest

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi John,

I was just alerted to this thread and I'll keep an eye on it. Looks like a great get together.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Wednesday morning through Sunday. September 17-21, 2008
    Northern Ohio Gathering, Cuyahoga Valley National Park

Anyone wondering why have a second or third gathering in the Midwest in one summer need only look at these pictures of Photostock 2008 from Mark an Marc. Look at the faces. These people are having fun and/or are considering really interesting photographic ideas. For me that is what it is all about. Come to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park in September for more of the same.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mfobrien/2008Photostock

http://www.flickr.com/photos/makeman...7605975202127/

John Powers
    thanks for the links. I really need to attend one of these!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    thanks for the links. I really need to attend one of these!
    Dorothy,

We have you already signed up for camping and watching the stars at night. You just have to come on over.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Dorothy,

We have you already signed up for camping and watching the stars at night. You just have to come on over.

John
    I can hardly wait! I got a Delorme Ohio Gazateer with the parks mapped out so I know where I'm going ... and a Cuyahoga map and splurged and got a GPS (handheld). (I get lost easy). I'm really looking forward to this! I haven't been camping in years!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin