Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,983   Online: 873

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Photostock, Saturday morning, over morning coffee

Campsite, waiting for the light

Jeff & Eva, looking for breakfast

Friday night, Jamie Young showed some fabulous PANOS, some in VDB.
    I think the film version of Jeff & Eva will end up a Van Dyke.

The 8x10 shot, probably a boring old silver print !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, just got back from the road where I watched Smieglitz' Magic Bus lumber away on down the road. The last of the group is now gone. Vinny "Wild Bill" Walsh and Matt "Blaze On" Blais along with Joe were the party closers.

What a GREAT time I had!

I can't thank you all enough for coming and making this year's gathering such a success. It has been a blur and my head will be buzzing with all those I've met and learned from over the past week. I'm sure I will have more to say, but for now I must rest. But before I go, I have to thank Bob Carnie, Cindy "MOTZ!" Motzenbecker and Jamie Young for the the fantastic presentations over the last few days. Excellent stuff! And speaking of excellent, I can't say enough about the quality of work I've seen here this week from all involved. It is wonderful to be surrounded by so many talented people!

Thank you again everyone!!!! Here's to hoping your drive home was safe... and not too long. I know it was a looong drive for many and I appreciate it a great deal.

On to next year!!

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i am just back home and unloaded.....spent the past 2 hours telling tom all about the gathering and the WONDERFUL time i had with everyone there. wish i hadn't waited til the 3rd annual to attend but now that i have, i look forward to next year! i was surrounded by such a wealth of knowledge and my hope is that i might have absorbed even a smidgen that was being tossed about in conversation..... many thanks to bill for opening his place up to all of us and making the event a success....a good time was had by all....
    ~~marianne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been back for about an hour now and I have to say that this year was the best of the gatherings. It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I had a great time again and alot of laughs along with some good wine. (Thanks Nicole)

And thanks again Bill for another great event. I'm looking forwar to Photostock IV.

Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got in as well. What a wonderful time! It was so inspiring to meet all these people I have gotten to know online. There were some amazingly talented printers in attendance. (I'm sort of glad I forgot my portfolio at home. :rolleyes

Thanks, Bill. I don't know if you realize what an inspiration this event is. I will be there for Photostock IV for sure.

One of my highlights was "exploring" Wormwood with Marc and Mark.

Oh, and thanks for letting us use your tripod holes at Sturgeon bay.
    Cheers, and greetings to all,
    Last edited by Toffle; 06-29-2008 at 05:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks, Bill, for organizing and hosting another fantastic gathering. I had a great time talking with old and new friends, and photographing in the beautiful areas in Emmet County and the UP. I'm looking forward to developing my film, and to next year.

Mark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    As I suspect all of you did, I played the last 4 days over in my mind on the drive home. Those of us who attended were so fortunate to share time with so many other talented photographers. I have at least several ideas spurred by the comments of others that I want to try on some of my photographs. Thanks to everyone for being so free with your expertise, and especially to Bill for his wonderful hospitality. And how great was it to make some new friends?
    Dan

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Magic Bus made it back to Kzoo tonight without incident. In spite of the tranny problem experienced this week I still love that vehicle - nothing like cruisin' around in a '69 listening to Jefferson Airplane, but I digress.

I had a great time again and got to meet some more Ape Huggers from far flung lands. Thanks again to Bill, the workshop attendees, the presenters, and all who attended.

I didn't shoot much, but got one of blaze-on that I like.

It's a half-plate black-glass ambrotype...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blaze_On_1.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I forget who I was talking to about Dallmeyer lenses at the gathering, but someone was looking for a 1A Patent Portrait. There's one on eBay at the moment - item 270250776726

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What a great event. Eva & I had a great time meeting all of you great photographers. I made some great photos - well, at least the ones in my head are great. We'll see what's on the film. Thanks to Bill for his hospitality and for organizing such a nice event.

Now we need to start planning a winter get together!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin